im thinking of buying a macbook air? / different format questions

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UltraJv wrote:I had OSX 10.6 on my PC for a while. Was fun getting it to work. I took it off after a month as it had nothing to offer that I didn't already have. I tried the Logic Demo etc. You don't have to buy Mac to play with OSX.
actually, it offers a different os experience, one that you clearly didn't really find much interest in. that's no problem

also, the whole hackintosh experience, maintenance etc is not going to be much fun for many folks. it does kind of go against the 'it just works' ethos that apple try to maintain

UltraJv wrote:The grass isn't greener on the other side.
FOR YOU !! it was definitely much greener for me, as it must have been for all those who also changed, never looking back despite being able to save cash going back to a pc. i imagine a lot of green grass in the metaphoric gardens of those who ditched mac for pc, and never looked back

Just a query, perhaps OT, but what would be the Apple laptop to go for as their 'ultimate'?

BBFG# wrote:Just a query, perhaps OT, but what would be the Apple laptop to go for as their 'ultimate'?
it would be their latest, with as much ram and ssd space as you can get. i don't like the way these models have gone, though. they aren't user-upgradable, so you need to buy big from the start

the last pre-retina macbook pro's are still user-upgradable, and still very good computers

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”