Copying/Pasting File types from multiple folders while preserving folder structure?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xNiMiNx wrote:A little OT, is robocopy any better nowadays? Isnt that what evolved / replaced synctoy? Both of those failed me in the past with large jobs.
Robocopy has evolved since the first iteration and I guess it did replace synctoy in the sense that synctoy's no longer maintained while Robocopy is an OS component.

Robocopy's never failed me, and I use it quite frequently for large (and critical) jobs at home and work. There is a little bit of a learning curve though. Particularly useful are the /FFT and /XJ switches, but it pays to learn what all the options are so you can build a script that exactly suits your needs.

I would love to find a truly set-it-and-forget-it commercial backup solution, but so far I haven't found one.

UltimateOutsider wrote:....while Robocopy is an OS component.

I would love to find a truly set-it-and-forget-it commercial backup solution, but so far I haven't found one.
There was never a downloadable robocopy for xp? I must be thinking of something else. That is where we differ, i dont want it automated.

Its freeware, but you may want to look into it, also the OP might want to as well.

"DSynchronize is a stand-alone utility that let you periodically synchronize two or more folders on Hard Disk, Floppy Disk, LAN, USB Key, CD-DVD (with packet writing software) and FTP server.

It is also possible to specify the time and the day to schedule the synchronization to run, and to create some additional "filters" for other factors.

Real-Time sync is also supported."

I did use Dsyncronize in the past (dont remember why i stopped), i do still use some of Dimio's other freeware as well, but i dont use dsync currently, completely forgot about it.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

xNiMiNx wrote:
UltimateOutsider wrote:....while Robocopy is an OS component.

There was never a downloadable robocopy for xp? I must be thinking of something else. That is where we differ, i dont want it automated.
Yes, it was part of the Windows Resource Kit for XP (or maybe even W2K?); became an OS feature after that.

Does anyone know of a way to copy only a certain file type from multiple folders and paste into a new location while preserving folder structure, preferably using windows search options. If not 3rd party software would be okay too.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”