high pitched noise coming from my jbl lsr305

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, when I was turning on my jbl lsr305 studio monitors today immediately this high pitched sound came from my monitors, and this only happened when i turned them on and it wouldn't go away until i turned off the monitors. At first, I thought it was related to my comp but it wasn't so then i kept trying and nothing until I turned off my computer and unplugged my balanced trs cables from my focusrite 2i2 audio interface and plugged them back in and they worked. Although, I don't want this to be a short term solution so I was wondering if you guys know what it could be? Iv'e had these monitors and interface for about a month and half now and this is the first time this has happened.

Comp = Computer (PC/Mac), or Compressor??

First you need to figure out where the noise comes from: the monitors themselves or whatever is feeding them. Then is it the device itself or the cable inbetween? If it's coming from the audio interface, is it from the interface itself or something connected to it? Narrow down the cause by elimination.

I can't follow what you've done exactly, but it sounds like you switched cables. Sometimes a dodgy connection can make all kinds of weird noises, and reseating the connector can make that go away.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

You say it was NOT related to your computer yet turning off your computer solved it?

Honestly we need step by step of what you tried.

For example, did you unplug the cable from the JBLs while they were on? (wait...stop...I have a LONG list of questions) An order of events is the only way to get help.

Otherwise, coulda been anything.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”