MacOS Yosemite anybody?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
does anybody here already updated to MacOS Yosemite?
I did.
I'm running Logic Pro X (10.0.7) without major problems.
Except the Waldorf Largo and Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V (newest versions) don't get validated by the AU Manager (I had no problems with validation under MacOS 10.9.5).
Can anybody confirm this?
Thanks,
Florian
Mac Studio M2 Ultra, Sonoma, Logic X, Orion 32+, mioXL, V-Synth XT, JD-990, MC-909, OB-X8, NINA, KK61 mkII

Yes all Yosemited up here...and loving it on the whole.

Only issues I've found so far are:
Waves WLC fails to load
All Air plugins report an error (due to PACE I suspect)

*edit
Waves WLC issue is known. Workaround is use another system to put licence on a Flash Drive. **fixed 23/10
Air issue is resolved by reinstalling any of the related products. The corrects the PACE driver issue for all.
Last edited by db3 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NI not supporting Yosemite just yet.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... -yosemite/

EvilDragon wrote:NI not supporting Yosemite just yet.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... -yosemite/
Thankfully I've not had any issues with Maschine.

db3 wrote:Yes all Yosemited up here...and loving it on the whole.
Same. It's better than the last three OSXs combined. Have had no issues with anything, including NI, etc. YMMV.

Think I'll pass, I have a perfectly stable system with all plugins running without a hitch on Mountain Lion. For ME PERSONALLY, I can't see that Yosemite (or especially Mavericks) offers anything that will markedly improve my experience with my music computer.

Having a brilliant time with Mavericks, this time i am *definitely* waiting till middle next year.

jacqueslacouth wrote:I can't see that Yosemite (or especially Mavericks) offers anything that will markedly improve my experience with my music computer.
What about those new icons?? :scared:

I've updated my laptop. Overall things are very favorable so far.

Logic 10.0.7

Only issue so far has been Waves License Center (WLC). Waves plug-ins are fine, just added the new Abbey Road TS12345 and WLC on Yosemite doesn't work. Just use WLC on a Maverick's or older Mac (if you have access to one) in the meantime to authorize new plugs on a USB stick.

On a different note DropBox icon there but was blank on the top screen. Just had to update to a newer version and it came back.

I'm expecting Logic will have an update soon, since GarageBand did. I'm still planning on waiting for a little while before updating my Studio rig.

It looks like Yosemite have difficulty to evaluate minutes remaining when installing himself and other apps...

Aside from the f**king PlaySchool icons, all good here.

I am taking a wait and see approach. For one thing, I don't like the look of it very much. I'll probably only upgrade if there is a significant improvement in CPU usage, or if there's some new super feature in a future LPX update.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Does it feel snappier?
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Will be ordering a new Mac Pro this week so Yosemite will be pre-installed I'm guessing.
Fingers crossed that migrating from the old studio Mac goes smoothly.

Does nobody have the Waldorf Largo or PPG 3.V?
Mac Studio M2 Ultra, Sonoma, Logic X, Orion 32+, mioXL, V-Synth XT, JD-990, MC-909, OB-X8, NINA, KK61 mkII

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”