Disassembled for move, reassembled and will not start - help!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I moved from another country (220v) back to Canada (120v), dissassembled 3Hd's, heat sync, MB, and video card, and took as carry on, and the case in my suit case (didn't take out 600W coolmaster silent pro Gold from the case), have reassembled it and it won't start.

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the powersupply conversion (no switch for changing from 220 to 120v) I'm assuming it has an auto variable input, or at least that is what I was told.

It may be how I wired it (see pics), or perhaps something was damaged in the move. But I don't think so. I do get the red and blue light coming on (pics), but when I push the power button, nothing.

There are 4 wires that I know I have the right order and have tried every configuration, but that may be it: HDD Led (orange wire), Power SW (grey), Reset SW (Blue), Power Led (green). Or perhaps my HD to e-sata 2 and 3 may be off, but again I don't think so.

MB is: GA-Z68XP-UD5

Any suggestions? (This was my first time doing this, so all new to me).

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by william lawes on Tue May 26, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

And more pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for posting the pics :tu: Especially those of the front panel connectors.

You have them inserted in the wrong spots - according to the manual I found at Gigabyte. http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Ma ... -ud5_e.pdf

Not saying this will fix the start problem, but it definitely won't start the way you have those wired. There may be other issues the pics don't show.

Read the manual if this is your first time building (in case you haven't) because there may be something else you may be missing.

Also, be sure all your connections are fully seated.

Good luck!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

That was it!!! Thank you dsan! Just had the front panel connectors in the wrong place... :)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”