Apps/hardware not currently working on El Capitan?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've (clean) installed El Capitan on a second partition on a new hard drive recently, and it seems WAY faster than Yosemite (or at least a Mavericks -> Yosemite update path that I regret not installing cleanly.)

It does seems as if there's more a problem with things being broken with El Capitan versus simply not being supported in previous OS X updates. So far I've noted the following apps that are not working or not officially supported:

Cubase 8
Arturia's synths (more a problem with AU's)
Reason 7.x (not sure about Reason 8.x yet)
Focusrite hardware

Anything else that's having issues? I'll update this as updates to them are rolled out.

NOW WORKING:
NI products
Arturia's synths
Last edited by DJMaytag on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Presonus sent out a link to an overview of their stuff today:
http://support.presonus.com/entries/105 ... -Statement

Native Instruments have also done that:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/su ... lity-news/

NI owners have received this:

CRITICAL compatibility warning with the upcoming Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan upgrade

Dear XXXX,

Before upgrading to the latest version of Mac OS X – version 10.11 El Capitan, please consider these potentially serious issues concerning your KOMPLETE, TRAKTOR, and MASCHINE products. Two major issues have been identified:

1. NI plug-ins do not pass the AUDIO UNITS validation in Mac OS X 10.11 – Logic Pro affected
In Mac OS X 10.11, Native Instruments AUDIO UNITS plug-ins will not pass the AU validation and will therefore not be available in Logic Pro. The root cause of this issue has been identified and a solution is currently being developed in close contact with Apple.

2. Incompatibility with some older NI hardware
There are compatibility issues between some older NI devices and Apple’s upcoming operating system. This issue triggers a 'kernel panic' – this serious problem will crash the connected computer immediately, resulting in loss of any unsaved work, or serious disruption of a performance.

The following hardware is affected:
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 (MK1)
TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 (MK1)
TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 (MK1)
AUDIO 8 DJ
AUDIO 4 DJ
AUDIO 2 DJ
MASCHINE (MK1)
GUITAR RIG 3 (RIG KONTROL 3 hardware)
There are beta drivers already available that fix this issue. Updated drivers will be released as soon as they have been fully tested on OS X 10.11 – shortly after Apple releases OS X 10.11 to the public.

Download the beta drivers here

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, we strongly recommend waiting before upgrading your computer to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until these issues have been fully solved by either Native Instruments or Apple.

Stay up to date on all future developments regarding Mac OS X 10.11 compatibility here

Thank you for your attention,

The Native Instruments team

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Uvi workstation won't pass the AU validation as well under El Caputan but UVI has indicated a workaround http://www.uvi.net/en/content/124-faq#osx_compatibility (http://www.uvi.net/en/content/124-faq#osx_compatibility)

That workaround works for me and has fixed also other plugins, such as Kontakt

Live 9 won't load for me
until i removed melodyne
updating melodyne didn't work
this has happened previously
see here:
https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... ire-crash/

dave

Seems UVI and I had the same idea regarding auvaltool. I replaced it with the Yosemite version last night to fix the validation errors. Only one AU still failed: Dune BE, but I rarely used it anyway. So far that's the biggest issue I've seen with El Kappa, but I'm mostly using Live these days anyway.

Otherwise the upgrade from Mavericks was smooth. All my programs and plugins seem to be working which is quite a surprise as there's some creaky old stuff in there.

Serato DJ has "serious issues" that Serato is investigating.

Although everything is "mostly" working fine here with El Cap, I've had a couple of instances where the sound has broken down for a few seconds. The console gets spammed with a hundred or so messages about a USB assertion in AppleUSBAudio at line 1240.

This is with a Scarlett 6i6 and a Launchkey 49. On both occasions it happened when I was using the keyboard which has me wondering if it's a USB MIDI problem. Has anyone else ran into this with their USB interface or keyboard?

Focusrite list the Scarletts as compatible but I'm wondering if they just assumed they would be on the basis that they're class compliant and don't require drivers that could be broken.

The one thing that worried me about Apple re-doing the USB stack in El Capitan was that they'd screw up USB audio in some way.

Just got a mail that "Native Instruments products now supported on Mac OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan"

It's like 6 weeks since that got released, and seeing that Apple put out the OSX major updates every other year, that means OSX users need to live with these kind of hiccups quite often.

NI stuff is good to go now in the latest update.

Some Steinberg audio interfaces are reported to have compatibility issues on capitan.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”