Behringer BCR2000 and Windows 10?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe try switching USB ports for the BCR and reinstall the drivers. I recall getting Code 43 at some point too. I unplugged the whole thing, was ready to box up the BCR, so maybe I plugged it into another port and it fixed it somehow?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hmm, it seems the driver isn't the issue after all but something in hardware.

I was able to install the B-Control via "Add Legacy Hardware". So now the driver is there but the issue remains. Win10 doesn't recognize the BCR.

I'll get another USB cable tomorrow and see if that helps. I tried other USB ports already and that didn't change anything.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

Sorry for necro'ing this old thread, but I have the exact same problem as Gravehill, not being able to get the bcr recognized in windows 10. Al before mentioned suggestions have been tried, unfortunately to no avail. Their support also is clueless on what could be the issue.

Did you manage to get it working Gravehill?

Unfortunately I couldn't get the USB part to work. I'm using it via MIDI now.

Sorry, double post.

Unfortunately I couldn't get the USB part to work. I'm using it via MIDI now.
Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be using the oldschool midi option than. Have been spoiled over the years with midi over usb, so have to look into the necessary steps for the bcr to control vst(i). Probably hooking up the out to the in port of my soundcard (focusrite scarlett 6i6).

That's one way to go. I have the BCR hooked to the MIDI-in in my M-Audio Code61 keyboard controller, which is then connected via USB. Either will work.

I have the exact same issue with the BCF2000, This is too coincidental that the same issue is cropping up for several people after upgrading to Windows 10. I have tried all suggestions and with out any luck. Looks like I am stuck with a brick. I have no interest in hooking it up via midi. I was planning on selling this unit anyway but now I will get nothing for it.

While the unit is almost 10 years old I have only used it a handful of times. What urks me is that Behringer has the audacity to sell this unit today as the same unit that they sold 10 years ago and still have never updated their software. The editor never made it out of Beta and they had promised they would create presets etc. Never happened. Behringer may pack a good feature/price ratio but their support and quality control have never been good. I have been burnt several times.

Damm,

I just bought 4 of these units, 2xBCF and 2xBCR,.... to use on latest Win 10 64bit with studio one 3

Does this mean that I got to use 4 midi-in ports and 4 midi-out ports in orde to get it working solid ????
HM

HM wrote:Damm,

I just bought 4 of these units, 2xBCF and 2xBCR,.... to use on latest Win 10 64bit with studio one 3

Does this mean that I got to use 4 midi-in ports and 4 midi-out ports in orde to get it working solid ????
iirc you can daisy chain these units using their midi connections, then have the last one in the chain connect to your soundcards midi in/out.

HM wrote:I just bought 4 of these units, 2xBCF and 2xBCR,.... to use on latest Win 10 64bit with studio one 3

Does this mean that I got to use 4 midi-in ports and 4 midi-out ports in orde to get it working solid
As thecontrolcentre already mentioned you can daisy chain them via MIDI and connect only one unit directly to the computer (via USB or MIDI).
Have a look at the BCF/BCR manual which operating mode (USB mode U1-U4 or Standalone mode S1-S4) you need to set for each unit in the Global Setup.

The USB-MIDI driver (BEHRINGER_MIDI_X64_1.0.10.zip for 64-bit Windows) is the same for both BCR and BCF, so you only need to install it once. But make sure that you only connect a single unit per USB (and without any other units daisy chained) when installing the driver, just in case.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
HM wrote:Damm,

iirc you can daisy chain these units using their midi connections, then have the last one in the chain connect to your soundcards midi in/out.
solger wrote:
HM wrote:I just bought 4 of these units, 2xBCF and 2xBCR,.... to use on latest Win 10 64bit with studio one 3

Does this mean that I got to use 4 midi-in ports and 4 midi-out ports in orde to get it working solid
As thecontrolcentre already mentioned you can daisy chain them via MIDI and connect only one unit directly to the computer (via USB or MIDI).
Have a look at the BCF/BCR manual which operating mode (USB mode U1-U4 or Standalone mode S1-S4) you need to set for each unit in the Global Setup.

The USB-MIDI driver (BEHRINGER_MIDI_X64_1.0.10.zip for 64-bit Windows) is the same for both BCR and BCF, so you only need to install it once. But make sure that you only connect a single unit per USB (and without any other units daisy chained) when installing the driver, just in case.
Back again from week-end, THANKS A LOT, I will try to set it up soonest possible, need some longer cables also, seems there is a lot of troubles with USB drivers on W10 64, (even though some made it), so I will just stick to MIDI-connection, controllers is totally new to me, so I start from scratch,.. :o

Thanks for getting me started with first step, later I will try to figure out how to configure best possible with Studi One 3, in case I succed I will make some small consoles, or modules, any links to articles and info about about multiple use welcome !!!

I wonder if using in "Standalone mode S1-S4", as mentioned, does that mean only 4 units is possible max, or could it be "S1-S6" as well in case I went for a 24 channel setup ???

My manual seems to indicate a max on 4 units, and also there is not any actual wirring diagrams for more than 2 units, in all examples the USB connection is used somehow, but I would like not to use anything USB at all, just clean midi, and also I would like the expandability to more than 4 units later, needed be

I got plenty og midi-in/outs, (3 x Roland UM-3G, ESI M8U, Impulse 61, RME HDSP, and a few more), in total over 20 in/outs, and I would glady assign separate midi-ports for each controller, is that a good idea ? and in case it is, then what would be the best mode to setup each unit in this scenario ?

Important for me also, that when I start the computer, and DAW, things does load default as I whant them to, with no need for long rituals, and setups-tweaks, on every start-up, realy hope that's possible

Thanks again !!!
Untitled-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HM

HM wrote:I wonder if using in "Standalone mode S1-S4", as mentioned, does that mean only 4 units is possible max, or could it be "S1-S6" as well in case I went for a 24 channel setup ???
Using one of the Standalone modes (S1-S4) means that all MIDI ports can be used simultaneously. Each S-mode differs only on how the data is transmitted on the MIDI outputs.

The USB-modes (U1-U4) basically activate the USB port and allow you to use either only the USB port (U-1) or a combination of both USB + MIDI (U2-U4).

More info about how each mode works is in the manual.
HM wrote:My manual seems to indicate a max on 4 units, and also there is not any actual wirring diagrams for more than 2 units, in all examples the USB connection is used somehow, but I would like not to use anything USB at all, just clean midi, and also I would like the expandability to more than 4 units later, needed be
If I remember correctly the max of 4 units is for daisy chaining only (because the bi-directional MIDI support seems to be lost when daisy chaining more units). For directly connecting multiple units the max is probably 16 (= the number of unique device IDs you can assign).

But it's best to contact Behringer Support about this direclty.
HM wrote:I got plenty og midi-in/outs, (3 x Roland UM-3G, ESI M8U, Impulse 61, RME HDSP, and a few more), in total over 20 in/outs, and I would glady assign separate midi-ports for each controller, is that a good idea ? and in case it is, then what would be the best mode to setup each unit in this scenario ?
Yeah, should also be possible to connect each unit separately per MIDI. Daisy chaining some units is usually useful if you don't have enough ports available to connect each unit directly.

The only things necessary in this case should be to set an appropriate S-mode and assign a unique device ID (1-16) for each unit in the global setup.

HM wrote:Important for me also, that when I start the computer, and DAW, things does load default as I whant them to, with no need for long rituals, and setups-tweaks, on every start-up, realy hope that's possible
Saved settings and presets are stored in the unit, so the last saved configuration is loaded when powering on the units again.

solger wrote:[
HM wrote:I got plenty og midi-in/outs, (3 x Roland UM-3G, ESI M8U, Impulse 61, RME HDSP, and a few more), in total over 20 in/outs, and I would glady assign separate midi-ports for each controller, is that a good idea ? and in case it is, then what would be the best mode to setup each unit in this scenario ?
Yeah, should also be possible to connect each unit separately per MIDI. Daisy chaining some units is usually useful if you don't have enough ports available to connect each unit directly.

The only things necessary in this case should be to set an appropriate S-mode and assign a unique device ID (1-16) for each unit in the global setup.
Solger: Thanks a lot for a very good and detailed answer ! I will set up some ports on my upcomming DAW soonest possible, and go after above mentioned solution, and meanwhile take a deeper look in both the BCR-manual, and the Studio One 3 manual,... just to get familiar with things

It will be a big step into new territory, but now I got started, and got some direction,... :tu:
HM

Guy thanks so much!!
I'm having the same issue!
Behringer has done nothing but say it works fine here. :x
Intel 6 Core i7 3.2Ghz.

StudioOne Pro v3.5.4 64bit and Pro-Tools 12.5.0
Waves DigiGrid IOS & PreSonus Firestudio Project
PreSonus CS18ai & Behringer BCR2000 Control Surface

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”