[Rant, frustrated cry for help] My adventure of Linux as my only OS begins (by force).

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As has been said multiple times, your hardware sounds faulty and needs to be checked. Your wasting your time installing any OS at the moment.

I got my Windows 7 back!

I want to say "Thank you" to everyone that responded in this thread. Most especially a few folks I've sent especial and personal thanks to. I'm humbled. Truly.

I'd like to call out glokraw for guiding me through the Linux areas. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Even though I've spent so much time back and forth attempting and moaning/groaning with regards to Linux, he still granted much time and effort for me, a stranger. He exemplifies the best that KVR has to offer and among the many individuals that have kept me coming back for around about a decade to read, learn (and complain). :)
Though I've my Windows back, glokraw's help did not and will not go to waste. I've learned much and become more confident in Linux in just the space of a week (though I've also learned well my limitations in this area for now, heh). I'm planning on, once I've a new laptop, putting Linux on this machine to continue learning and testing and bashing about with Linux. I look forward to it.

Thanks again, everyone. :)
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

Happy for you MachFront :tu:

Krezie wrote:Happy for you MachFront :tu:
+1

Now get back to making music!

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

MachFront wrote:I got my Windows 7 back!
I want to say "Thank you" to everyone that responded in this thread. Most especially a few folks I've sent especial and personal thanks to. I'm humbled. Truly.
Thanks for the kind words! KVR is a great community. Differences of opinion can generate knowlege and progress, and some people here
have a great sense of humour. KVR is a university where
the curriculum is always better than the day before.
Knowlege unshared is like a cloud without rain.
I have learned so much while lurking here,
from a myriad of contibutors, and still have just scratched the surface.
2016 :party: :hyper: :party:

I suppose it's also worth noting that my laptop is no longer super-hot as it was. It's back to it's basic, usual to-be-expected almost-kinda-sorta-warm-a-bit (in the area of the HD). Heh.
It's probably a good idea to get someone more comfortable with opening laptops than I to actually clean it out if it needs it (and it likely does).
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”