Windows 10/ilok incompatibility

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI, I've written iLok, but just to let anyone else who may be receiving a "Bad Pool Header" error on windows 10 know. I ran a driver diagnostic, which ultimately caused me to revert my system, but the diagnostic successfully found that the problem driver was Tpkd.sys .This is an iLok driver you can find in windows 32/drivers. Hopefully the usb ilok doesn't need this driver, I'll find out once I hear back from them. If anyone has the usb, could you check to see if it needs this (bad) driver .-thanks. I may be selling liscenses soon if I can't find a solution.

I think that problem happens when you fail to update the iLok software. Try updating.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

NO, this is fresh. Is been an ongoing problem for months. I wish it was the case.

To clarify, I've been updating and searching for this for months. The ilok has been reinstalled because it wouldn't work at one point. I just reinstalled it an it happened again.

OK, so iLok say it's ok. But I did a fresh install of windows 7 64-bit because I never had any problems until I upgraded to windows 10, and everything is working great.

Ever since I used Windows 10, 50% of the time of switching on I have to force the ilok driver to start using windows services.

Jax Pok wrote:Ever since I used Windows 10, 50% of the time of switching on I have to force the ilok driver to start using windows services.
That was my problem at first also. I wrote iLok twice about that and eventually it cleared up. But as soon as that cleared up, I started getting the blue screen from time to time. Eventually I looked up how to run the driver scan to finally find it. I'm not sure why it affects some people and not others of course.

Windows 10 absolutely sucks the most major asshole.

spacekid wrote:
Jax Pok wrote:Ever since I used Windows 10, 50% of the time of switching on I have to force the ilok driver to start using windows services.
That was my problem at first also. I wrote iLok twice about that and eventually it cleared up. But as soon as that cleared up, I started getting the blue screen from time to time. Eventually I looked up how to run the driver scan to finally find it. I'm not sure why it affects some people and not others of course.
BSODs are the PACE/ilok way.

It's probably because due to increased security Windows 10 has pretty strict limits when it comes to running all kind of non-Microsoft system level drivers and cr@p. PACE probably forgot to do their homework and hoped no one will notice.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
spacekid wrote:
BSODs are the PACE/ilok way.

It's probably because due to increased security Windows 10 has pretty strict limits when it comes to running all kind of non-Microsoft system level drivers and cr@p. PACE probably forgot to do their homework and hoped no one will notice.
Ew... now that's totally politically incorrect. Let's rather blame every problem with system intrusive software on the OS. I mean, it's totally unknown that stuff like PACE can cause problems really, you can literally read about it nowhere.

type this in your search: tpkd.sys blue screen

But I have to add that I'm more than happy now, back to windows 7. I've become more efficient at what I need on my system due to the rebuild. :)

I don't know if it came over correctly, but i was being ironic. ;) I read a lot about problems with PACE and iLok here, and Tone2's plugins also had a problem with PACE. Mind you, i don't know who was to blame for that, but obviously, it's a quite an intrusive system, which, of course, is one of the reason why it's a good copy protection of course. It's just not cool to blame Windows, when really you'd have to blame iLok.

spacekid wrote:But I have to add that I'm more than happy now, back to windows 7. I've become more efficient at what I need on my system due to the rebuild. :)
Hm, i'm a bit puzzled now. So you DO think Windows is at fault here? I would think it is clearly a PACE issue.

chk071 wrote:
spacekid wrote:But I have to add that I'm more than happy now, back to windows 7. I've become more efficient at what I need on my system due to the rebuild. :)
Hm, i'm a bit puzzled now. So you DO think Windows is at fault here?
I had no problems with windows 7, I love it. It's only when I updated to 10 that this happened. It's possible that windows changed a bit and yes that could be the problem. But I don't know.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”