Sytrus is being weird.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This comes up in both Ableton and the minimodularhost when ever I try and modify any of the harmonics in the osc tab. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I've had Sytrus working flawlessly before on this computer but this is a fresh OS install. Really all I have installed is VST, DAW and a few editing applications. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it as well. Kind of need that harmonic control.

Did you reinstall the VST, or just drag/drop the dll?
Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows/VST?
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

64 bit and I reinstalled properly

Bigtea wrote:Image

This comes up in both Ableton and the minimodularhost when ever I try and modify any of the harmonics in the osc tab. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I've had Sytrus working flawlessly before on this computer but this is a fresh OS install. Really all I have installed is VST, DAW and a few editing applications. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it as well. Kind of need that harmonic control.
I admit I am no software expert but it seems to me that the .dll file have issues. Did you try to download the new .dll file or did you use the same installation file over and over? I had issues myself where I had .dll files that were damaged and I got installation errors. It was solved by downloading the software again and install again.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Bigtea wrote:Did you try to download the new .dll file or did you use the same installation file over and over?
Bigtea wrote:64 bit and I reinstalled properly
:ud:

Anyway, it does appear to be a problem with the .dll file, so if you can, try redownloading the plugin installer all together, and possibly even reinstall Live. If that doesn't work, try using the 32 bit version of the plugin, if one exists.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

I had given up for a long time but just this morning I decided clean up my registry of some left over files from programs I've uninstalled, realized I had multi entries for sytrus. Cleaned them up and now I'm aces. Just thought I'd give and update just so someone having the same problem doesn't stumble on this dead thread with zero information.

So one last update. the new Sytrus is bugged for the 64 bit, you can find an early verion and I'm an idiot.

Use Event Viewer within windows, it might tell you stuff you don't know. Is your pc overclocked? If yes, try with stock settings, see if you get the same problem, might be an unstable oc. Also, you could have wrong memory timings set or ram has problems/defects.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”