NI Traktor 2 MK2 Volume control in Win 8.1

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a neat little unit, does what it's supposed to do and pretty inexpensive too...
But, my main issue with it is the lack of software volume control. And while it appears to have a hardware volume dial it doesn't actually work unless I connect my monitors to the headphone output instead of the main - which isn't recommended.
I know all about why ASIO is supposed to bypass Windows audio...reduced latency and all, but that leaves me in a position where I have to constantly fiddle with my monitors' volume knobs as I use the MK2 as my default audio device under the control panel.
I use Ableton Live for music production. The ASIO output level comes out pretty hot compared to WDM - while watching youtube, movies, etc. And to my understanding leaving the master fader in Ableton at 0db is the way to go as everything gets bounced through there by default and plugins inserted on the master channel are also affected by setting the fader to a lower level.
Is there a solution beyond constantly tweaking monitor volume knobs or purchasing a hardware knob?
Is there a way to set post master fader level control in Ableton perhaps?
Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”