Windows 7 monitoring problem the Boss ME 80 pedalboard?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey!

My brother has been getting problems with said apparatus, or more specifically its standalone software (Windows 7).

Apparently he set everything up correctly and the guitar tuner receives audio but there's no audio monitoring which of course is a bit of a bummer for jamming. The patch samples from the list are all audible, though I guess that's another thing (ie included audio files) and the problem somehow appears when the ME 80 software tries (or doesn't try) to feed the signal to the computer speakers.

Sorry I can't be more specific. Just asking around for him because most of the good stuff on the internet comes in English and I'm not really a windows person. Apparently all the latest drivers are installed. Maybe there's a little thing where you can tell the soundcard where it gets its audio from? The ME 80 itself doesn't seem to have a whole lot of buttons to do soundcardy stuff.

Maybe it's as simple as the ME 80 not doing monitoring but that doesn't strike me as likely.

Any hints appreciated.

Marco :D

Does he have the ASIO drivers installed?

Hey thanks!

Yeah ASIO is definitely installed.

Turns out the pedalboard is only connected to the computer via USB, not audio cables.The board has two outs (right/left aka mono) currently sitting empty. So maybe Captain Obvious's long shadow is looming over the whole thing now. Haven't had a chance to test it with a cable yet.

Then again – the board clearly does send audio to the app (see tuner). And devices usually work with USB-only now.

We also tried using the board from witihn a host (MU.LAB). There's an option to pick the board's driver as your recording input in which case the level meters go up in sync with your playing but again, no sound.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”