AMD's a-comin!!!... and Intel's been a-dunnin!!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At least I aint participating
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If that crap entertains you i feel sorry. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I love smileys, at the end of the day that is the best thing the Internet has brought about 8)

murnau wrote:If that crap entertains you
Sorry? Maybe a hot dog can put a smile on your grumpy face

I don't frequent the forums much but this Murnau seems to be a pain in the ass.

williedscarface wrote:I don't frequent the forums much but this Murnau seems to be a pain in the ass.
Well, that is the case of most of us :wink:

Murnau has got his moments :tu:

Numanoid, you're so right. Murnau seems to have a pretty good grasp of the technology. I guess I caught him on a bad day. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

williedscarface wrote:I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
Don't worry about it :wink:

But it is advisable to make arguments based on the topic, and not related to users. I try to follow that rule myself, it is difficult, but I try...

Numanoid, I know that it's not wise to point out a pain in the ass when he's being a pain in the ass, but I guess I'm too much of a pain in the ass to resist the temptation. But in the future I'm going to try and follow the "argument based on the topic " rule. Thanks.

@murnau Having an aggressive attitude won't intimidate most people here and won't make what you say true.

Now Jim Keller is known for "jumping" from company to company, he does his job and leaves.
On 18 September 2015, Keller departed from AMD to pursue other opportunities, ending his three-year employment at AMD. Source Wikipedia
That's what he did with Apple too. He was the lead architect of K8 and Athlon 64, the one that beat the crap out of Intel. Also he worked on K7 and Apple A4/A5. He is the coauthor of the specifications of x86-64 instruction set, meaning the 64bit instruction set you are using now it was made by AMD even if you use Intel processor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

Now getting to some facts about Zen, they concentrated on single thread performance, where AMD was lacking pretty hard and that's one of the reasons why in music production wasn't so viable. As for the actual performance remains to be seen, but looking at history there is a great chance for AMD to be nr. 1 for a while. There are a few things that makes me believe that:
1. If AMD fails they are in big trouble so it's a must for them to win this one
2. Jim Keller, he proved in the past that he can do it

nvm
Last edited by murnau on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Numanoid wrote:
williedscarface wrote:I don't frequent the forums much but this Murnau seems to be a pain in the ass.
Well, that is the case of most of us :wink:

Murnau has got his moments :tu:
Only fair Numa. I must admit that i was slightly wasted last night so i obviously thought it would be a good idea to visit this thread and embarrass myself. Turned out it was not. :lol:

Sorry to you and fluffy.

Always nice to see someone politely apologizing on a forum - a rarity, in this day and age - congrats.

Seems that AMD has introduced half a dozen or so new processors for OEM computers last week. Although they are not yet Zen chips, they already fit into the new one-size-fits-all AM4 socket. They don't seem to be faster than AMD's current top models, but they only need about half the power to achieve that.

Meanwhile I have read several times that the Zen processors will indeed not support or be supported by any Windows version lower than 10 :(

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”