Error: Windows 10 explorer.exe halts wav 24 bit

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folks

For the second time in this year, when I render a .wav file lager than 5 mb at 24 bit 48 khz. It causes the folder containing that file to halt, can't right click on the file, can't delete it. Unless I really suffer and curse much..

My setup is:
Windows 10 latest build I don't know which, 64 bit. Hard disk is 5200 rpm.

Do you guys have the same issue?
I even send the file to a friend, and it causes the same issue there..

Try using x2plorer instead,
it's likely windows is trying to read metadata from the .wav but because windows is stupid and doesn't cater to all varieties of .wav, it's screwing up. Report the bug to MS if you can. Submit the wav.

If you use a file manager that doesn't read media metadata, like x2plorer (which I find better anyway) it shouldn't cause those issues.

Maybe you can change some property of the folder containing it. Latest Windows versions can change the visual layout of the folder depending on content type: lists of word documents are presented in a different style than a folder with pictures or a folder with music.

My guess is Windows sees a folder full of music, and tries to render it accordingly: with artist name, cover image, length in minutes/seconds. And apparently it chokes on a 24bit WAV.

Change the folder layout to generic for all sorts of documents, and it should be gone.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thanks a lot guys, indeed it is because of the huge metadata, I notice that there's more than 1000 info inside so surely the win explorer goes crazy.. Things are going normal on Mac OS.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”