minor midi controller problem

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

my midicontroller works fine, but when ever i start a daw or any program where i use my keyboard, a nektar lx49, i expierence a minor problem.
not a big deal, but slightly annoying.
i start a daw (renoise, bitwig, ableton), no matter if blank tracks or opening a finished project and on using a vst synth the midi keyboard works and i can use evry key or button, but after a few seconds theres always a break of around 15sec or so where the keyboard doesnt play any sound. after taht amount of time evrything works fine again.
it seem pretty weird to me that a midi instrument instantly works in the first place and then get somehow disconnected or whatever.
anyone ever experienced this or maybe knowing a solution?

Does this occur after starting the controller or only after starting a DAW? If it is independent from a DAW I'd look for electrical issues.

vegaron wrote:Does this occur after starting the controller or only after starting a DAW? If it is independent from a DAW I'd look for electrical issues.

hm good question, only tools i use it with is the three daws, with all plugins, and sometimes sforzando. the nektar itself is on as soon as i start my pc and it stays on til i shut down my pc. and as i said, no problems, this occurs only when i start playing the first time, a vst synth no matter which one. after that the controller is ready for use without any trouble. maybe its some nektar related thing. have no other controller or external midi capable device.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”