TERRIBLE Experience with ADK Computer and Support

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/homepage.html

Laptop processors already landed. Desktops expected in the few months.

As of SSDs- I built my computer before M2- it is no fun to watch all the M2 options that I can not get...

ADK's customer is awful. I have dealt with them and I regret it. They claim a system takes 1 month to build and when it takes longer, they do NOT contact customer and let them know why there is a delay. I contacted them multiple times asking why it was taking so long and got the run around.

My advise is, to build your own.

:dog: :shrug:

I'm not worried about the newest, latest & greatest thing coming around the corner. There will always be 'something' newer coming, and it always comes in small increments of improvements. The important thing for me is getting the best value I can now, and in spite that whatever is 'coming soon', whatever I get will last a long time.
That's why some months back, I decided to buy a powerful workstation in the used/off-lease market, instead`of building a DAW myself as I've always done. The workstation I bought for under $600 originally cost about $3,000 to $4,000. It's a 12 core system (dual 6575 Xeon's) with 48 GB DDR3 ram, coming with Win 7 Pro 64 bit for under $600...that's value, although granted, not the latest & greatest it'll be more than powerful enough for years to come. I personally could never see myself buying a pro build DAW for $4,000, that's just not value in my book. But DAW builders have to earn a living.

I always stay behind the times, and pick up most things in the used market for pennies on the dollar. When it's time to upgrade, I buy yesterdays news for cheap.

Yeah, I can't let that go...

First, who cares? What does it have to do with the OP? I mean, it was a bad look for the company. What does "waiting for something" have to do with shoddy service?

Second, it's been solved. They took it back eventually (of course after complaining here and other forums, something I know about ;) ) and it's over. THIS SHOULD BE LOCKED.

Nothing wrong with talking about how thrifty you are (that system sounds awesome and I'm jelly for that price) but it's a weird response.

Actually, if you read back a bit, you'll see that this thread had already drifted from the OP's topic :wink:

My last response was directed toward the other comments in this thread about building your own, which was then recommended to wait for the newest coming computer technology to arrive.

My story getting a very powerful system for very cheap, relates to the discussion of the high expense of a pro built system, in that there are alternatives.

Yes, and I'm really not trying to be the ass I'm often looked at, but frankly, the original post was NOT about that. If the company in question would have been cool up front, this would never have happened.

Hair up my ass? You betcha. Why? Because people frequently moan about frivolous crap while the people who ripping everyone off go unnoticed or unpunished.

And trolling the falsely accused just to get their jollies.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”