New MacBook Pro

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:You happen to see any of these before?

https://www.google.no/search?q=usb+char ... 03&bih=951
Yes, but I'll still use the one apple recommend.

13 inch

15 inch

If you look at the amount of complaints on the Apple Store pages for their chargers it's probably an improvement that the cable part can be easily replaced.

I've looked after the magsafe charger for my old blackbook, but it sounds like the newer ones are a lot easier to break. The old 30-pin cable from my iPod touch is a lot more solid than the lightning one I got with my iPad.
Image Image Image Image

Jolaff wrote:Yes, but I'll still use the one apple recommend.
Can you use that also to charge your iPhone ?

In case that is a big plus. Back in the day with Nokia I had to have a separate charger to carry with me just for their smartphone

If this USB-C can take over for regular chargers, not just MacBook pros, but laptops and android phones too, would be a great benefit.

sprnva wrote:If you look at the amount of complaints on the Apple Store pages for their chargers it's probably an improvement that the cable part can be easily replaced.
trouble with the macbook chargers has always been the combination of how the rubber strain relief ends where it comes out of the 'brick' and the popup 'ears' for wrapping the cable around - if you use it as intended you end up ALWAYS bending the cable sharply at the end of the strain relief, and the cable breaks there as a result

Now they've finally fixed the design flaw I'm looking forward to not having to replace some users charger every 12 months

sprnva wrote:If you look at the amount of complaints on the Apple Store pages for their chargers it's probably an improvement that the cable part can be easily replaced.
Yes that's a good thing... I just replaced mine after not even 6 month of use... and on my 2011 MBP this is the only part that broke in 5 years.

The guy at apple store didn't even checked if it was really broken and changed it ...he said most of the time it's the part that is fixed in the power adapter that break.

jdnz wrote:
trouble with the macbook chargers has always been the combination of how the rubber strain relief ends where it comes out of the 'brick' and the popup 'ears' for wrapping the cable around - if you use it as intended you end up ALWAYS bending the cable sharply at the end of the strain relief, and the cable breaks there as a result
Mine broke in not even 6 month ...and I never used those 'ears' ...in fact my MBP stay home most of the time

Numanoid wrote:Seriously, Thundercats are denied ?

I thought Thunderbirds are go :D

If you got some kind of technophobia against IT professionals, why not just rejoice in that you are living in the most upmarket place in the UK (Windsor). Or is that a joke?
Not only do I live here, but I live in the most upmarket part of Windsor next to the Castle.

More by luck than anything, I bought at the right time. I cannot afford a bigger place though, so poor first world problems me.

Unboxing is always the most important part. After that, i usually throw the product in the trash can. :P

chk071 wrote:Unboxing is always the most important part. After that, i usually throw the product in the trash can. :P
lol I believe you ....It looks this is what you did with the video :P

Actually, my reply was invalid... looks like the unboxing itself makes really only the smallest part of the video. :) He probably just wrote "Unboxing!" to make people watch his review. :hihi:

It's beautiful :love:

I want to see how it is being charged, how big is the charger?

Is all that is needed a USB-C to USB cabel input into a regular USB power plug like this?:

Scroll up. Jolaff posted pictures of the chargers. They look the same size as usual but with a detachable USB-C cable.
Image Image Image Image

Numanoid wrote:I want to see how it is being charged, how big is the charger?

Is all that is needed a USB-C to USB cabel input into a regular USB power plug like this?:

The charger looks identical to the actual one.

I don't really know much about electricity beside it's better not to put your tongue in the wall... but as I showed you on the pictures in an earlier post, they don't even have the same power adapter for the 13 inches and the 15 inches MBP. So I really doubt it will be recommended to use those kind of adapter... can it break your MAC, just not work or just not work well ...I don't know.

But I'm sure if apple could have made a smaller adapter they would have done it.... so, to me, it kind of speak in itself...

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”