Please mackie, for the love of all that is holy.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Make a Gawd blessed 64 bit driver. How. Hard. Is. It?

Everyone else seems to be able to do it.

Dasheesh wrote:Make a Gawd blessed 64 bit driver. How. Hard. Is. It?

Why would they though? They already have your money.

They won't get more money from you if they do.

They won't get more money from you if they don't.

And the product you probably want it for is likely a legacy device that's no longer supported.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

How many years has it been? they keep feeding us bull ish by the spoon full. I don't get this whole 32 bit thing...I don't. You do know the world has gone 64 bit right? It's not going back. There is no way the world will go back to 32 bit. Get a clue.

I understand guys that have their set up, and it's all the way they like it and they don't like change. I get that. I have problems with the way the world changes so fast myself, but don't expect to stay up to date and useful on today's hardware with 32 bit. It's a stupid, conceded notion by last years geek boys that harms everyone. hanger's on are the reason i have TWO operating systems on my computer fighting for resources, and why there are so many problems with today's software. Get this 32 bit shite off my hard drive. It's a useless hog at this point from 1995.

besides, every other audio interface, even the cheap ones, seem to be able to make an audio driver, and this is MACKIE we are talking about. WTH. There is some thing going on here. Either, they have a contract with a guy that has them by the balls and doesn't feel like doing it, or they are so cheap they decided it's better to screw their company rep for the sake of a few pence. Either way it's bad business, and like I said, this is MACKIE, so WT actual H?

In fact, I think, after many, many, MANY years of this same BS, that's what is happening here. They hired some guy on the cheap. Some IT guy who decided to take up a side job, or maybe a family relative. Now, he's an old xp kind of guy and throwing a temper tantrum about going 64 bit. I agree, windows sucks. But, few can afford the upfront cost of a new mac. We, the end user, are here for the taking with moneys in hand. We want to do business, so why do you insist on treating me like a criminal? All I did was buy your product and put my faith in you.

If anyone wants to do a third party driver for mackie products, you will make money.

I'm almost positive it's this "loud inc." guy causing the downfall of mackie.

What Mackie product is this rambling about? Afaik they make mixers, not audio interfaces...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Dasheesh wrote:I agree, windows sucks. But, few can afford the upfront cost of a new mac.
WTF is this crap doing in your screed?

Mr Mac has demanded users invest in new audio hardware and developers write new drivers to keep current with the OS many times over in the last 20 years. No backward compatibility, no maintenance of old buses and connections. Nada.

Windows is a virtual paragon of backward compatibility - the driver model has made one major shift since Win 95 viz the 32 bit --> 64 bit model of Vista/Win7 64.

Mac has done about 5 or 6 shifts since the days it was all proprietary Nubus and SCSI. (Nubus/PCI/PCIe/Firewire/USB/Thunderbolt - that is 6 hardware protocols without counting Firewire 800 and 400 and USB 1,2,3 and whatever they are up to now as separate instances.)

For what piece of equipment? I thought Mackie made speakers and mixing desks ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:

For what piece of equipment? I thought Mackie made speakers and mixing desks ...
Think again: http://mackie.com/products/recording

Besides, some of their mixers can also act as audio interfaces.
Fernando (FMR)

If you check their driver matrix page, I've downloaded the following:
* PC V1.7 Universal Driver (for Onyx Firewire & Satellite)
* PC V1.9 Universal Driver (for Onyx i003xx)
* PC V3.0 USB (for Blackjack)
* PC V4.1 FireWire (for Onyx i204xx & Blackbird)

All of them note in the .PFD that they support both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.

So the question remains:
BertKoor wrote:What Mackie product is this rambling about?
Contenders from legacy support :
* 2003: Mackie UltraMix
* 2005: Mackie Spike, Onyx 1200F, Digital xBus DxB/ D8B, MDR24/96
* 2006: Onyx 400F, Logic Control, C4 Pro, HDR24/96
* 2007: Mackie SDR24/96
* 2008: Mackie VT-12

That should be all "boutique" products by Mackie :shrug:
Robert Randolph wrote:the product you probably want it for is likely a legacy device that's no longer supported.
Quite likely indeed... It has survived longer than anticipated, should be economically written off by now. Which means that if you had put aside 15% of the retail value each year, you can now buy a much better replacement device!
Last edited by BertKoor on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

O.K. you old timers. Just for your info. Mackie has their hands on some of the finest AD/DA converters around. But their drivers are non existent and useless to all but a very select few running 32 bit older systems. This is a WELL known and VERY talked about issue on just about every audio board on the net. It has been for.... well years, and years.

Basically my MBP AKA "old faithful" gave up the ghost and I had to invest in a new portable set up. Since the new MBP costs as much as a Volkswagen and they have decided to isolate their user base by not including any useful ports for peripherals, I reluctantly told myself "a computer is but a tool and it will be good for you to switch to a pc for a while and try out the new windows 10. After all, it's a long ways from vista and they have to have the kinks worked out by now for Christ sakes. Anyway, the Russians rave about how you can do more with windows." _ that last part being funny because it's true.

So, I got the latest and greatest laptop with all the up to date specs in a 15 inch format for a measly 650$. BOOM.

I got my software installed, and to my surprise, it worked mostly, at least the third party end worked. Then I go to plug in my onyx series audio interface and everything goes to shite. turns out the driver is an out of dated 32 bit driver, and they may or may not make a new driver depending on what they feel like, or if they can lay off the weed and Cheetos long enough. The part that really burns my cookies to a crisp is it is such an easy fix, it really is, quite a few folks on this board are talented enough to whip up a driver in a matter of a few weeks, but they like to sell us all on how it's such a problem and ooh so difficult to do, like a cook who threw flour in their face to convince others the stove top stuffing was fresh made.

I did what everyone else does and relented, pulled out my focusrite, and started an internet thread to bitch about it.

It seems that the drivers for Onyx (except for I Serials beginning with 204) do not support beyond Windows 7. So, your only option would be to install Windows 7 in your laptop. Or give up of using Onyx as an audio interface. It sucks, I know :(
Fernando (FMR)

Is http://www.asio4all.com/ not an option? I never used the Mackie driver it was very unstable for me.
rabbit in a hole

From what I recall all the Onyx range were Firewire, is that correct?

If so, they'll use the same bought in DICE solution that's in the rest of the range.

If that is the case, DICE drivers are normally written by the firm that supplies them, which was TC Konnekt up until last year. So if they had an agreement in place to licence the driver development, then they may have been at the mercy of TCK's work load.

I say "may have" (past tense) because Behringer bought them last year and made the DICE range unavailable to third party companies.

So, if all that is correct then that would be why. They can't commercially develop and release new drivers, because they no longer hold a licence to do so.

Installing driver in "compatibility mode Win7" is not possible? And which Onyx exactly?
rabbit in a hole

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”