What music player (software) do you use?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Googly Smythe wrote:Still using the Windows Media Player. :shrug:
Me too, :)
But I like Quicktime/iTunes sounds

kinwie wrote:
Jesus! :o :-o :wheee:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:On Windows the Resonic Pro is a game changer imo.
Ditto. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I installed Media Monkey yesterday. Nice player, i really like it, and, it seems the free versions isn't too limited either. Highly configurable, good sound (i guess they don't differ much in that regard anyway, if even), and i like the media library management, and playlist layout too. You can also install it as a portable installation, which is great too.

murnau wrote:
kinwie wrote:
Jesus! :o :-o :wheee:
Hahaha

Winamp for music (found every other player crappy)
MPC-HC for video (found every other player crappy/slow (VLC))
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote:Winamp for music (found every other player crappy)
MPC-HC for video (found every other player crappy/slow (VLC))
:tu:
MPC-HC + libavcodec. Plays everything. Fast. Unlike VLC/quicktime etc.
+ MadVR if you're a perfectionist!

Another one here for "Media Monkey", also using "Music Bee" a lot at the moment depending on the machine I'm using.

Foobar2000 for music, VLC for video on Windows 7 and Android.

Pytchblend wrote:Foobar2000 for music, VLC for video on Windows 7...
+1
Pytchblend wrote:...and Android.
MX Player.

Never heard of this Resonic player. Will try it...

Foobar2000 on windows and gonemad on android

tried the free version of Resonic about 6 months ago. Bought the pro version 10 minutes later and uninstalled foobar. never looked back

Foobar for music & MPC-HC for video on my PC, and n7player as my Android music player

Liking the black onix 2 skin for Aimp pc version, especially the minimised view. My new default.

Curious about seeing Resonic, tried it but it was a mess of a GUI/UX errors I could not stand it. It played music, but also had unnecessary filemanager. I'd really like that kind of player where you can see the waveform. Loved seeing "data of music" since trackers :)
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”