Intel i9 Skylake

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11464/int ... s-for-1999

Looks like this is Intel's response to AMD's 6 core consumer product chip. Did they take a page out of their Xeon line?

It sure does look like it, shame to see that the clock speed is not increasing at all...
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

shroom81 wrote:It sure does look like it, shame to see that the clock speed is not increasing at all...
Imagine the heat spread if they did. 18 cores wowzers.

shroom81 wrote:It sure does look like it, shame to see that the clock speed is not increasing at all...
Well yes. At this point we can be certain that core speed will never rise again with current technology, but core count will be going up.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Not in my lifetime. I'd rather have new plugs, guitars, strings, you know, the important things :hihi:

That's just too much coin.

I wonder if it's possible though that they will get cost-effective? I guess the only way is people buy them, right?

@Heat: It's 6 of one or half-dozen of the other. If you OC your system to get the better clock speeds, you run into similar issues.

@Clock speed: Well, my 4770k is 3.5ghz so having this many cores should lay-waste (popgun vs nukes) anyways.

i think so intel responded i9 release to AMD's threadripper announcement and epyc server processor not for ryzen
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”