Preferences > Audio, does NOT show my Focusrite Scarlette 2i2 !

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am running Bitwig Studio 1.3.14 on Windows 10 x64, and Studio does not appear to see my Focusrite Scarlette 2i2 interface. I have a microphone plugged in to the 2i2, the 2i2 is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on my computer, and I set Windows to use it as the default input-device.

Within Bitwig Studio, I pulled up Preferences, go to the Audio tab, and there is NO listing for "Input Buses", only Output Buses.

Under Audio System, I have the "Driver Model" set to "Windows WASAPI".

How can I record from my microphone through this 2i2 interface?

Thanks, any help is appreciated. I'm trying to determine whether I want to commit to using *this* DAW as opposed to some other.

James

If I'm understanding you right, Windows sees your interface (since you were able to select it as default audio device), but Bitwig doesn't? I am not a Bitwig user, so I don't know their settings, but on Windows you should be using ASIO in your DAW instead of WASAPI, since the Scarlett interfaces come with ASIO drivers. This will probably allow your buses to show up in the DAW.

Thank you UltimateOutsider -- that was a most useful tip. I appreciate that.

I switched to the ASIO instead of WASAPI. I also loaded the ASIO driver for the Focusrite Scarlett.

Now, however, I am getting this error each time I launch Bitwig Studio:

Engine Failed to connect
Could not load ASIO driver: No ASIO Driver
Error:
Name: Focusrite USB ASIO
Identifier: 429a7462-f176-411f-Bda9-ae6c0a258098

I do have Windows set to use Microphone "Scarlett 2i2 USB" as the default Recording device.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Do other hosts see the asio input?
Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling or updating the drivers.

Try disabling the Scarlett as the default windows recording device.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

JamesHurst wrote:
Now, however, I am getting this error each time I launch Bitwig Studio:

Engine Failed to connect
Could not load ASIO driver: No ASIO Driver
Error:
Name: Focusrite USB ASIO
Identifier: 429a7462-f176-411f-Bda9-ae6c0a258098
I've seen that when windows itself has configured the same device and I open a daw that want to use it.

Daws usually have ability to tell if to be exclusive or not with audio drivers - don't know about windows. I just removed windows config to another ins/outs and problem solved.

So ability to share drivers or not is the problem.

Are you using old drivers or this is a 1st gen device as most modern sound cards are usually multiclient.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hey - that worked! Thank you guys!

I really, really appreciate your helping me. That was very thoughtful of you.

James Hurst

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”