iLok is dead, long live iLok

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Also, car alarms suck. They're utterly useless for anything but being a public nuisance. Adding car alarms to this actually brings the car analogy more in-line with copy protection schemes... ;-)
The brilliance of this statement is undeniable, please enjoy a well earned cute cat pic:

Frankly, I'm of the "fish" variety. I've been on any and all sides of the argument and have gotten to where I just use the shit, the copy protection is no longer of any consequence.

iLok Cloud takes the risk of lost or damaged iLok USB smart keys
this is really good
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Put me in the "not a fan of ilok" category now. All of a sudden it stopped working and I can't use any of my ilok plugins, inlcuding falcon which I just bought. I've reinstalled several times and deleted some database files that UVI suggested. Still can't open the ilok manager. Might have been a windows update, not sure. Hopefully ilok support can help, but I'll take challenge/response any day. Never had a problem with that.

Type "services" in to windows search and run that, then from that list that opens, look for "PACE license services" and look if it's running.

If not, hit it with right ear and "start". Also check the properties for it and make that start -option as "automatic -delayed start".

Does this help?

Looks like you do need a permanent internet connection, but they claim the process works seamlessly

https://youtu.be/X8A99VnyxPQ
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Cue the seamstress analogies.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

incubus wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Also, car alarms suck. They're utterly useless for anything but being a public nuisance. Adding car alarms to this actually brings the car analogy more in-line with copy protection schemes... ;-)
The brilliance of this statement is undeniable, please enjoy a well earned cute cat pic:

Frankly, I'm of the "fish" variety. I've been on any and all sides of the argument and have gotten to where I just use the shit, the copy protection is no longer of any consequence.
Meow! :-)

I used to be of the "fish" variety too but my patience was eroded... in numerous places :? 3D modeling/rendering software wore me down (every single one). Cakewalk wore me down. Microsoft wore me down. The PC industry wore me down. Now Apple is wearing me down and I've no where else to go.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

medienhexer wrote:Looks like you do need a permanent internet connection, but they claim the process works seamlessly

https://youtu.be/X8A99VnyxPQ
Yeah ilok dude seems really like really balanced human being. Totally. Everything what he says is amazing including his body outfit.

How about iLok Dongle RAID Array...
Just kidding.

I use an iLok Hub/Monitor Stand for PLAY, UVI, etc.

Jace-BeOS wrote:
incubus wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:

Meow! :-)

I used to be of the "fish" variety too but my patience was eroded... in numerous places :? 3D modeling/rendering software wore me down (every single one). Cakewalk wore me down. Microsoft wore me down. The PC industry wore me down. Now Apple is wearing me down and I've no where else to go.
I hear you my friend, it's a shit deal. Wit bullshit to boot. Eyes on homie............

i personally dont mind using software that uses protections like ilok or elicenser but i do worry a bit about if drive/usb fails having to contact multiple support teams would be a pain

my elicenser stopped working once and i had to do the replacement process and buy a new one but that was not so bad because it was only my cubase license

this ilok cloud thing i am not so sure about using though if it needs constant connection i like to unplug from the internet so i can focus instead of waste time

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”