Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 problems

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, everytime when I open my DAW or any VST I hear kicks in my monitors, I think is from audio interface (Scarlett 2i2 gen 1), the drivers is bugged or I don't know. You have here a link, I recorded with my phone what is happen when I open VST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQQGvbWE6tw

Welcome to the club of Focusrite owners with driver problems.

Collection of workarrounds (help for some, but for others they don't):
- Update your chipset drivers
- Change the USB port where the interface is attached to
- Try to avoid USB3.0 ports, use USB2.0 instead.
- Add a (powered) USB 2.0 hub in between your PC and the interface

If you run Windows, make sure you don’t have fast boot activated. You find it in Windows system settings if I remember correctly
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Great little interface. Try the beta drivers found in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=436500

I run 24/48 @ 64 samples with no issues at all. Couldn't be happier.

ATN69 wrote:If you run Windows, make sure you don’t have fast boot activated. You find it in Windows system settings if I remember correctly
I don't know how to find it I have windows 10 pro an I'm not familiarly with this windows.

sebastianlive wrote:I don't know how to find it I have windows 10 pro an I'm not familiarly with this windows.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=win10+settings+fast+boot
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

ATN69 wrote:If you run Windows, make sure you don’t have fast boot activated. You find it in Windows system settings if I remember correctly

why not man?

It is just one more thing you can try and see if it helps.

Search google or this forum for driver problems with Focusrite and you will find a lot of ppl that have / had simliar problems (I'm one of them).

So just add it to the list of things to try:
- Update your chipset drivers
- Change the USB port where the interface is attached to
- Try to avoid USB3.0 ports, use USB2.0 instead.
- Add a (powered) USB 2.0 hub in between your PC and the interface
- Disable fast boot

for me nothing helped, Focusrite interfaces stopped working with the upgrade from win7 to win10.
had to get a new interface (but from a company with better drivers..)

Working fine here after migrating to w10 from w7.

I didn't even know these beta drivers existed until a while back. I was using the old default ones found on the official site.
I recommend anyone with issues download and install these before even bothering to swap usb cables and ports.

Check out the list improvements and fixes in this thread...
http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/focu ... 2_drivers/

Back in business. I cleaned up my "home studio", so I deconnected the focusrite interface from pc and when I connected back, has come back that problems. Guys, can you recommend some audio interface for me? I use Fl studio win 10 64. Thanks

sebastianlive wrote:Back in business. I cleaned up my "home studio", so I deconnected the focusrite interface from pc and when I connected back, has come back that problems. Guys, can you recommend some audio interface for me? I use Fl studio win 10 64. Thanks
dont give up so soon man try to contact focusrite or the dealer you have bought from to solve the issue they will suerly help with something

EDIT=what are your audio interface need eg.vocals only or audio playback or lite sample recording or low latency ??
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote:
sebastianlive wrote:Back in business. I cleaned up my "home studio", so I deconnected the focusrite interface from pc and when I connected back, has come back that problems. Guys, can you recommend some audio interface for me? I use Fl studio win 10 64. Thanks
dont give up so soon man try to contact focusrite or the dealer you have bought from to solve the issue they will suerly help with something

EDIT=what are your audio interface need eg.vocals only or audio playback or lite sample recording or low latency ??
I'm not sure what you mean, I'm not very best in english language sorry man... try to write with other words the part with " EDIT"

sebastianlive wrote:
Apratim wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm not very best in english language sorry man... try to write with other words the part with " EDIT"
1.E-mail focusrite regarding your issue they will help for shre
2.what are you using the interface for only audio playback or do you do some audio recording through mic
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

sebastianlive wrote:Guys, can you recommend some audio interface for me? I use Fl studio win 10 64. Thanks
Steinberg UR12/22
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/a ... start.html
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Use or at least try the beta drivers :roll:

http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/focu ... 2_drivers/

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”