VST 3.x Plug-In Scanner Master has stopped working

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Has anyone had the error message above on Win 10 when opening Cubase Pro 9.5?

16 GB Ram
1TB hard disk with 138 GB free
For plugins I run -
- NI Komplete 10
- Various Waves, Plugin Alliance, Izotope, Soundtoys and god knows how many others that keep me fiddling instead of making music, haha!
I am meticulous about keeping these up to date (except for the Waves highway robbery update plans)

I can finish loading cubase but there are heaps of missing plugins including those preloaded on my templates. Unsurprisingly they are the VST 3s. I tend to try to limit installations to 64 bit and vst3 where I have the option.

My theories so far is that it could be related to recent installations of -
1) Acronis software to backup to the cloud instead of my dodgy external drives.
2) Kontakt GUI Maker from Rigid Audio which had unusual installation instructions.

I have already tried a complete reinstall of Cubase with no effect.

But my gut feel is that they shouldn't have made that much difference. So before I go down the uninstall route for these it would be good if to hear from anyone has solved this or similar, or at least knows where i should start looking!

Thanks guys 'n gals!

Update:
The "EQ" on the mixer channel also fails to load. Strange!

There was also another update on Steinberg to 9.5.20.1 which I installed, which is great, but made absolutely no difference whatsoever to this problem!

Fixed this myself after a lot of research on teh net. It was actually fairly straightforward.
For anyone else that comes across this problem....

I renamed my Cubase preferences folder and restarted the PC. When I fired up Cubase it sorted itself out.

I found it here....
C:\Users\your_username*\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5_64

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”