Behringer BCR2000 - doesn't work!!!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've purchased yesterday a BCR2000 controller from behringer. The problem is that now, when i try to turn on, appear into the right display "no05" and the controller doesn't work.

Is there a way to RESET the controller? or it's lost? i've played it 5 MINUTES!!!!!!!! It can't be beaked!!!!

Many thanks for read my post!
Tony.

No05 means that you have tried to update the firmware to 1.05 and that the update failed.

you need to flash the firmware again.
do this as followes:
- connect a midi cable to the midi in of the BCR
- do NOT use the usb midi port. this will not work.
- hold store and learn when you turn on the bcr
- the display will show now the word: LOAD
- now flash the firmware again through the midi cable.
- When everything is done reboot the machine (shut it off and on
- now you've got a working machine again.

many many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
really, thanks man....you're my god :)

i'm glad that i could help you out with this.

:D

Hi, i have exactly the same problem as above. But I don't know what "flash the firmware" means. What exactly should I do? Please help me out. Cheers.

I had the same problem and could not solve it with the Behringer firmware update program. I've downloaded a program called 'midioxse' and it worked. In Midioxse I selected the midi output from the soundcard (which was connected to the midi in from the b-control) and send the update file to the b-control. Worked perfect :)

Hope to have helped people with the same problem.

musica wrote: Worked perfect :)
Hope to have helped people with the same problem.
Same here.

The flashware update utility failed here also, leaving me with a useless box

But the trick with Midi-Ox worked perfectly.

Thanks for helping me out.. :) (and big thanks to the makers of Midi-Ox)

Best wishes,
bagginz

Sadly, these steps aren't working for me. I've got one with a noOS, held Store/Learn, loaded the firmware thru MIDI-OX, (confirmed the MIDI device was used for it), started the transfer and the BCF2000 counts up to 18 while the progress bar matches, then it stops and.... nothing. Still locked. When I reboot the device, it's just back to noOS again. :(

Any ideas?

RenfieldXIII wrote:Sadly, these steps aren't working for me. I've got one with a noOS, held Store/Learn, loaded the firmware thru MIDI-OX, (confirmed the MIDI device was used for it), started the transfer and the BCF2000 counts up to 18 while the progress bar matches, then it stops and.... nothing. Still locked. When I reboot the device, it's just back to noOS again. :( Any ideas?
Try this: after the counter reaches 18 and stops, turn off the unit. Then wait a little bit (something like 5-10 seconds or maybe even longer), before turning the unit on again.

You might also have to try the firmware update process multiple times (if it isn't working right away) ...

And just to clarify:

- Did you connect the BCF via MIDI cable?
- Did you try it with the latest firmware 1.10?: https://www.music-group.com/Categories/ ... /downloads
- Which operating system are you using?

I have the same problem stated here. I got a second hand BCF2000 with firmware 1.04 installed on it, but when trying to update it with MIDI-OX (over USB) the machine is bricked (noOS).
Trying to flash the firmware subsequent times with MIDI-OX (over MIDI) was of no use.
I have followed the steps per Quiffy's instruction. MIDI IN on the unit flashes, but the LCD stays on LOAD.
Is there any special way to load the firmware? Help is appreciated.

Cheers

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”