Apple ditches IBM power PC chip and will use Intel.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AD80 wrote:I dont know who decided the G5 was sexy looking. To me it looks like some sort of meat locker. Its enormous for no reason and has no color. Bleh.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this. When I first saw the G5 I thought to myself, "Okay, there's the prototype with just the frame. When are they going to add a case to it?" :hihi:

realmarco wrote:one thing that puzzles me is why they said since 1994 the mac used ibm powerpc processors...i thought it was motorolla and then ibm(recently)

one thing is for sure my ibm stock dropped ...lost 10k on the market :(
They probably meant to say "IBM's PowerPC architeture"

Thanks Jon :-)
Last edited by egbert on Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

egbert wrote:
egbert wrote:irect quote from Sascha you have attributed to me. I hate ashtrays. Perhaps you could edit the post - just get rid of "
egbert wrote:" from the message text.
Done. :)

LBN wrote:
AD80 wrote:I dont know who decided the G5 was sexy looking. To me it looks like some sort of meat locker. Its enormous for no reason and has no color. Bleh.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this. When I first saw the G5 I thought to myself, "Okay, there's the prototype with just the frame. When are they going to add a case to it?" :hihi:
Yup, worst design they came up with, hated the original ibooks too.
The powerbooks however, are about as good as it gets, too bad they'll probably f**k it up by the time the Intel powerbooks come out..... I can just see some bronze thing with holes in it, and "Intel Inside" pasted on it. :?

Yep... will intel x86 architecture be the goal of apple?
What a poor f**king choice...

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”