Apple ditches IBM power PC chip and will use Intel.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

neverwhere2012 wrote:i'm a dumb f**k because i have a family and can't afford to buy a new computer every 2 years to stay current. i actually get GREAT performance out of my 5 or 6 years old G4 and great performance out of my brand new iMac G5 as a Logic node.
I thought you couldn't afford a new Mac? How much was your iMac? More than my workstation, I'll wager, and with considerably lower performance. And let's not even talk about expandability, let alone choice of designer colours.
am i a dumb f**k for using Logic Pro 7, then?
Another excellent example of Apple taking away your choices. Yet, as a loyal Macbot you just suck it up. Good work!
i guess so, but there isn't a software package in the PC world that can even begin to compete with it for the price i've paid -- $500 LP6 on student discount, $320 LP 7.1 upgrade... try and beat that with cubase SX3/sonar 4 PE and whatever choice of softsynths can match what comes with LP7.
As an ORION user who has used only shareware to make our last two albums, I'm not really in a position to comment about Logic, Sonar or CubaseSX - they are completely irrelevant to my needs as a working musician/producer/performer and I haven't looked at them in many, many years.
even then, none of the options for production i've seen for the PC appeal to me in the same way logic does -- so the point is moot. the tools i have work for me quite well, and besides that, they are tools that i WANT to use -- not ones i have forced myself into using out of ignorance.
Ignorance? I like that, especially from a man who needs three Mac's to do the work of a PC.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

cavedweller wrote:
Debate? Sorry, I thought you were just insulting people. :D

Anyway...thats simple....I can bring it because, in my view, it illustrates 'dumb f**k' behaviour infinitely more aptly than anything you've said about 'mac users'.

It also illustrates that we can, and do, have differnt views on the same subject. As you say, its a matter of perspective. You see it as 'money well spent' - I think its a childish, pathetic and ill-conceived triumph of style over substance.

Regardless, I'd say a much more certain sign that someone is a "dumb f**k" (compared eg- to what computer, or head decor they choose to use) is that they have little or no empathy, and cannot see beyond their own views and predjudices and accept that other people can and do have different views, ideas, motivations, preferences & perceptions that are as valid as their own.

Another surefire sign of a "dumb f**k" imo, is someone who is happy to generalise and insult an entire cross-section of individuals, just because they make different choices and have different opinions.

well.. he IS ex-army
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

even then, none of the options for production i've seen for the PC appeal to me in the same way logic does -- so the point is moot. the tools i have work for me quite well, and besides that, they are tools that i WANT to use -- not ones i have forced myself into using out of ignorance.
Ignorance? I like that, especially from a man who needs three Mac's to do the work of a PC.
bones... it's 2 macs and logic pro 7 won't run on 10 PC's let alone one. learn to f**king read for christ's sake.

Ahhhh....the format flame wars. More entertaining than the clone wars.

A little sad for me (as a PC user, by the way) that there is not going to be the platform variation that we're used to. I only hope that this won't be rushed out and that Apple will wait for the sensible, son-of-Centrino desktop processors Intel is promising and not the poor failed experiment that the P4 is (and which I've had 3 of, by the way). I reckon that may be the silver lining in this cloud. But I seriously seriously hope that innovation and independent thinking won't die with this alliance.
Three shall be the number of the counting

And the number of the counting shall be three.

neverwhere2012 wrote:
bones... it's 2 macs and logic pro 7 won't run on 10 PC's let alone one. learn to f**king read for christ's sake.
I have OSX running on PearPC here at 1GHz on my P4 3.2 - If I ran it on 10PCs - it would work far better than any Mac :)

UltraJv wrote:
neverwhere2012 wrote:
I have OSX running on PearPC here at 1GHz on my P4 3.2 - If I ran it on 10PCs - it would work far better than any Mac :)

can you run Logic 7 in it?

I tried Logic 7 xpress trial version on it, it runs slowly - like a pig in fact but I dont see what the fuss is all about. Its very average.

UltraJv wrote:I tried Logic 7 xpress trial version on it, dont see what the fuss is all about.
you can't, others can.. and blahblah for ever and eternity :)

I doubt you run Logic stable in PearPC btw

spaceman wrote:
UltraJv wrote:I tried Logic 7 xpress trial version on it, dont see what the fuss is all about.
you can't, others can.. and blahblah for ever and eternity :)

I doubt you run Logic stable in PearPC btw
At the moment - Some Mac owners dont run Logic stable either. But they can be satisfied that Apple are concentrating on improving Garage Band :) :)

Ill stick to Nuendo, thanks.

neverwhere2012 wrote:bones... it's 2 macs and logic pro 7 won't run on 10 PC's let alone one. learn to f**king read for christ's sake.
I said work, its not software specific. Wanting to use Logic 7 is a perfect reason to stick with Apple but, if you read my original post, I was referring to the graphic artists I work with and there is only Final Cut Pro that is Mac-only in our industry [and its for editors, not artists]. The rest was just fun because you dumb f**ks are sooooooooooooo easy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:
neverwhere2012 wrote:bones... it's 2 macs and logic pro 7 won't run on 10 PC's let alone one. learn to f**king read for christ's sake.
I said work, its not software specific. Wanting to use Logic 7 is a perfect reason to stick with Apple but, if you read my original post, I was referring to the graphic artists I work with and there is only Final Cut Pro that is Mac-only in our industry [and its for editors, not artists]. The rest was just fun because you dumb f**ks are sooooooooooooo easy.

bones is in full battle gear :D

didn't really need to chage the original much actually :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

bones, get a girlfriend!! :lol:

Why?

cause then you will be little less agressive i guess :)

i'm not a mac user myself... but i think its the matter of preference and everybody should use what they feel is best for them... no need for insulting because somebody doesnt do things exactly like you do! peace! :wink:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”