Best tone from your amp sim

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
Anyone is having problems with noise, latency and getting a good tone with amp simulators? Maybe I could give you some advice and help :)

Dimi

i have found that a good input level is crucial to driving amp sims.

i use this with guitar into my amp sim (other brand-sorry).

http://www.soft-amp.com/charbooster

with bass DI into Cerberus, i use the mic input of my Scarlett interface to goose the gain.

whatcha got on your end?

Yes, the input can impact to tone big time. It influence the gain and the saturation. Sometimes the amp simulation needs
a little help, but of course this is subjective. Driving it too hard could change the frequencies response and dynamic. :)

yes, too hot a level can be nasty.

i try to make sure my DAW input metering is -12 to -6 and bussed to -18dbf (i use a Klanghelm VU meter on the mix bus).

i have aguilar and J-Retro onboard preamps on my basses. that with the mic pre gets the Cerberus input meter to register some good yellow bars without going red.

anything less than that and it sounds like doo.

hodshonf wrote:yes, too hot a level can be nasty.
i try to make sure my DAW input metering is -12 to -6 and bussed to -18dbf (i use a Klanghelm VU meter on the mix bus).
i have aguilar and J-Retro onboard preamps on my basses. that with the mic pre gets the Cerberus input meter to register some good yellow bars without going red.

anything less than that and it sounds like doo.
Yeah, that's my approach too. Metering is -12 to -6dB and that keeps the tone in a safe zone :)

Return to “Kuassa”