Welcome

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the official AcousticsampleS support forum!

We created this forum to help all of our existing customers and also get the future ones interested!
So any question, nice word, feature request or anything that you think might need a discussion is welcome here.

Best regards,

Arno

Welcome to KVR! I'm very interested in your instruments, they all sound so great (especially the Old Black Grand). I'm hoping to pick that up before the Summer Sale ends!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

And i'm glad you like it! and it seems that you're not the only one :)

Great sample packs, Im loving Drum Taste Jazz :D

I urge everyone to download Drum Taste Free and Tiny Snare.

Excellent value for money

VariKusBrainZ wrote: I urge everyone to download Drum Taste Free and Tiny Snare.
Excellent value for money
Well... Given that they are free, i guess you can't get a better price ;)

Last day of the 35% off summer sale, so jump on the great deals right now!

Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

I'm wondering-- what is the memory footprint for the percussiv soundset when loaded in kontakt using dfd and the stock 60ms preload? Also interested in 'the box' and 'vibysM'. Do you have lighter memory versions of any of them?

I am tight on RAM, but I would buy more samplesets if I could squeeze them in to my live performance setup. (Really need to go 64 bit here soon--I wish there were more 'lite' versions of the instruments I use. 8 velocity layers is plenty for live use.)

Thanks,
eric

BTW--excellent demos.... but you need some non-classical for the B-pian. I don't think many people are going to be playing classical music on that instrument!

The total memory is 465Mo for the full set.
I don't have light versions right now, but i can separate the instruments so that you can load only what you need.

I agree on the fact that 8 layers is enough for live use, but you still need the round robins to avoid the machine gun effect.
Anyway if you want i can also do the same for other instruments that you might be interested in, just let me know which ones :)

Arno

ps: yo're right about the demos, at the time B-Pian was released, i did not havec much options, but i do now, i'll update with some new stuff :)

I need to know loaded memory, not total memory. I use about 15 gigs of samples from my 3gb machine for live performance, thanks to DFD!

I agree about the round robins--good point.

Well, 465mo is what is loaded with dfd, it's the amount shown in kontakt, just watch the screenshots if you need to be sure.
This is for the 16 instruments loaded at the same time in one patch.

oh sorry!

Okay, yeah, that's way too big to fit, until I go 64 bit. It's more than my acoustic piano uses...

I can fit about a third of that for percussion, I guess. That's what the NI percussion takes up (which I'd replace with yours)

Are there screenshots/figures for the other instruments as well?

Thanks!
-e

What do you mean by other instruments? If you mean the instruments that are in the Percussiv' library, then there are 16 of them but unfortunately, i did not do any separate patch yet, but i sure can do it if you decide that you will buy it.

In terms of memory, if you load half of the instruments it will take half of the library so if i split the lib into 3 patches of 5,5 and 6 instruments it should meet your requirements.

The other ones I mentioned are the vibes (not vibey, the other one) and 'the box'

thanks!
-e

Hi,

The VibysM takes 71Mb in dfd mode and theBox takes about 97Mb, but there is that info in the screenshot on every library on the website.

oh great, thanks!!!

dang, I need more memory....

Return to “AcousticsampleS”