ilok?

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:dog:

An interesting point until...
tinhpictures wrote:If you don't like it deal with it.
I believe people ARE dealing with it, just not in the way you like.

Anyway, my sympathies to hibidy.

I'm doing all I can to avoid the iLok boat (well, iLok 2, since I own version 1). I understand wanting to fend off the pirates. I guess time will tell if it was a successful move.

elxsound wrote: Anyway, my sympathies to hibidy.
:hihi:

I've been over it for a long time, until people sign up just to troll things up.

Name one company that went out of business because they were using ilok?

tinhpictures,

"I do not understand why people are so upset about licenses."

You should read before posting. We aren't against licences. We actually are 100% for it. I'm most happy to give money to developers that create great libraries! We are against one specific system of protection, requiring an usb dongle. You obviously needed to tell everyone you're now a buyer. Good for you. You made a good step. And don't worry, noone is asking you to prove anything. ;)

But to come back to the subject. If you start working from your music, you'll notice quickly that we are judged on two aspects : quality, and respect of very tight deadlines. If I break or loose my ilok a Friday evening, for instance, even if I have paid the racket they ask for the insurrance (which I refuse), i'll still have to wait for Monday before having anything. 3 days is very long in this business. It already happenned that I was asked to provide something in 2-3 hours! (It's exceptional, but it happens) If I couldn't deliver, my client was asking another composer.

So to sum up the situation : an USB dongle is a liability for the professionals. Who wants unnecessary liabilities?

And it's not about money. I was hesitating about buying GD-6. I already had Efymov's guitar. And to be sure I'll have all I need for guitars, I'm buying 8Dio's guitars (which are more expensive than GD-6). Because I'm ready to pay more in order not to have such a liability.

There are so many companies that win money without iLok (8Dio, Soundiron, Heavyocity, Cinesamples...etc), so as I completely understand the need of a company to protect itself against piracy, I really think it should think about the persons who actually pay for their products. Ilok isn't the only protection, and from what I've read on internet, its protection can be broken.

Guys, can we stop this endless discussions about iLoks?
Some people hate it, some people love it, others just tolerate it. If you don't want to deal with an iLok, just don't buy libraries from us.
We had to go to something secure because of piracy, and we were lucky enough to find the UVI engine, that is actually the only alternative to kontakt. They use iLok so we use iLok, end of story, it turns out that we like it and actually most of our users, and usually these are the ones that don't post on forums, like it too and actually don't really have a choice because they work with protools or use other pro softwares that require an iLok.

Anyway, i thing there is no point in discussing this further, nobody is ever going to convince someone that iLok is good on a forum.

:roll:

I started this thread because I was upset that you went ilok when I had become a customer before you did.

It was justified. Now, after a year, I'm over it. Some guy trolls the dead thread by joining up with the bait.

Can't you just lock it? It's not like anything else needs to be said.

Yes, that's a good idea, i will lock it.

Just so you know, and tpo the people that hate iLok so much, we now offer the choice of using it or a computer based authorization, i guess this will stop the debate ;)

Return to “AcousticsampleS”