Cracles with UVI workstation

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently purchased Acoustic Samples piano collection.

Now with Logic pro I get random cracle sounds whatever piano sample I'm using. The left stereo channel jumps up to +6db and diabolic cracle sounds is heard from the speakers.

Sometimes, just sometimes it helps to load the current sample again in UVI workstation, but today it didn't.

I'm using Macbook pro 2.3 GHz i5, 8Gb 1333 MHz DDR3, Mac Os X 10.6.8, Logic pro 9.1.7. Kernel in 32 bit mode as audio interface won't otherwise work (Tascam Fw-1084). But since the peak can be seen in logic's display audio interface can't be the problem.

UVI version 2.0.5

Anyone else with these problems?
Any solution?
I'm all ears

Hi, i will transfer this to the UVI customer service.
In the meantime can you tell me what you mean by "whatever piano sample i'm using", do you own multiple piano libraries from us?
Also i'm guessing that by left stereo channel, you mean the left channel, where do you see that? Is that only in your left ear? Or do you see a level getting crazy somewhere?

Does this still happens when you lower the overall volume (the UVI workstation volume)?

Did you try it in standalone and is that happening too?

The only use for UVI workstation for me is to play Acoustic Samples piano collection. By meaning "whatever piano sample I'm using" I meant that I hear cracles despite what sample is loaded. Yesterday I used "old black grand", the day before that "Academic Grand". Cracles, cracles. UVI volume doesn't change anything.

The left channel peak I noticed by accident watching Logic's mixer view. The channel UVI was assigned was a stereo channel. The left bar went up to +6db and a cracle was heard. Adaptive limiter was assigned to master output and it took a while for overall volume to rise back to normal.

Ok it's my fault, i misread... i thought you only had the Academic Grand... my bad.

Now just one thing i just noticed, you seem to be using the 2.0.5, try to update to the 2.0.6 as there have been a lot of fixes.

And what about in standalone? I just asking this to test and resolve the problem, also if you can send me a midi file that ceates this, it could help, we never experienced it and it's really hard to find out what can cause it without a way to reproduce.

I rejected the Tascam interface and connected an Apogee Duet in 64 bit mode. No cracles, no fuzz, everything worked fine.

The problem must have something to do with Snow Leopard's or Logic's 32 bit mode. I hope my problems are gone forever.

Any recommendations for 8-in interface? Apogee ensemble perhaps?

I'm glad it finally works fine for you.
For the 8in cards, we use motu cards, 8pre and 896mk3 are really great ones.
But I'm sure there are others on the market ;)

Return to “AcousticsampleS”