UVI Workstation not showing on Cubase 5.1

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I have just purchased ViBysM instrument.

The standalone UVI Workstation (64 bits) works perfectly and the Vibysm sounds amazing. Unfortunately, for some reason the vsti is not showing on Cubase 5.1, neither the 64 bits or the 32 bits as i have installed both.

Any ideas why this is happening ?

I'm using Cubase 5.1 on Windows 7 64 bits.

Thanks!

Coco

Hi,

Can you make sure that the 32bits version has been installed? We have tested this on different versions of cubase including cubase 5 and it worked just fine.
Did you by any chance change the directory for the plugins? And are you sure the 32bits dll is in it?

It's possible that updating Cubase 5.1 to current version 5.5.3 would solve the problem. The update is free for registered users and it was released almost three years ago:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... ase_5.html

standalone wrote:It's possible that updating Cubase 5.1 to current version 5.5.3 would solve the problem. The update is free for registered users and it was released almost three years ago:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... ase_5.html
I use 5.1.(plugiator issues with 5.5) and it works.

I'd say locate the .dll. is it in you usual folder, if not you can uninstall and install to your vstplugins usual folder, or you can create a new vstpath in cubase to the said folder where you find it.

Thanks so much for your feedback so far.

The 32bit dll is defenitely in a path visible to Cubase 5.1 but it just does not show.

There's is one thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post and it might be the reason why it isn't working:

When I install the 32bit version (uviworkstation-2-0-8.exe) right after the first dialog I get an "out of system resources" error, I accept that and then it goes through with the rest of the installation. Once installed and restarted the system, the 32bit standalone version of the sampler does not work at all and the vst dll is not recognized by cubase.

I have tried installing it with administrator privileges and also with xp compatibility but always get the same results.

However the 64bit version installs without any error and standalone works perfectly fine, so why is the 32bit version not working?

Thanks.

cocogdiez wrote:Thanks so much for your feedback so far.

The 32bit dll is defenitely in a path visible to Cubase 5.1 but it just does not show.

There's is one thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post and it might be the reason why it isn't working:

When I install the 32bit version (uviworkstation-2-0-8.exe) right after the first dialog I get an "out of system resources" error, I accept that and then it goes through with the rest of the installation. Once installed and restarted the system, the 32bit standalone version of the sampler does not work at all and the vst dll is not recognized by cubase.

I have tried installing it with administrator privileges and also with xp compatibility but always get the same results.

However the 64bit version installs without any error and standalone works perfectly fine, so why is the 32bit version not working?

Thanks.
did you try creating a new-additional path to the exact folder 'within' your usual vstplugins to the uvi .dll. i have found in the past when cubase 5 32bit was not seeing a .dll this worked.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”