Assignable Keys in GD-6 Acoustic Guitar?

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
I just purchased the GD-6 Acoustic Guitar and I have to say it's absolutely incredible. I own several other VSTI Acoustic and electric guitars, and not only do I think the samples in GD-6 sound as good as, or better, than the other virtual guitars, I like the functions and efx better.

Previously my "go-to" virtual guitars were Music Lab's Real Guitar series. The ONE thing that I prefer in these programs over all others is that you can play the chords with your right hand (the hand that I am used to playing chords with) and strum with your left hand. Most of the other virtual guitar programs have it backwards and they are much more difficult for me to play.

I was hoping that GD-6 would have the chord and strumming positions reversed.
But I guess not, so I was wondering if there is any way to re-assign the keys to make the strumming trigger notes at the bottom of the piano keyboard, like around C0 or C1?

Thanks for any help!
Lee
Leee

Leee1102 wrote:
I was hoping that GD-6 would have the chord and strumming positions reversed.
But I guess not, so I was wondering if there is any way to re-assign the keys to make the strumming trigger notes at the bottom of the piano keyboard, like around C0 or C1?
Lee
Well, no, for now it is not possible... but this is definately something that we can add in a future update, we actually had something similar in the telematic but did not implement it in the GD-6...

In the meantime, there are some midi remappers that should do the trick, they usually are very easy to program.
On Mac there is MIDIPipe (http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10541/midipipe).

Hi, i just remembered this post as we updated the GD-6 with a way to move the triggers around the keyboard. You just have to download it again from your account. ;)

Is this ability to move the triggers around the keyboard also available for the SunBird?

Yes, it is ;)

Return to “AcousticsampleS”