GD-6 - Chord Recognition Latency

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am feeling an increased latency when using chord recognition in GD-6. I don't feel nearly that amount of latency in the other modes, nor in other instruments in UVI. Do you have any suggestions on how to make it feel snappier?

Also, what does the "Glide" parameter do?

What do you mean by "latency"? And in what mode exactly? If you talk about the chorde mode in piano play mode, then it is completely normal. There need to be a "time window" in which we detect that you pressed keys on your keyboard and decide that this is a chord that you want to play instead of playing a chord for each note you press. This gives a sensation of latency, but it is not related to then engine, just the way it is implemented and there is no way around it.

If you want a no latency strumming, just use the guitar play mode and trigger the chords with C4 to D#4.

The glide value decides the interval for the F#4 trigger in guitar play mode, when you press it, it plays the selected chord but lowered by that glide amount and when you release the trigger it slides to the chord you pressed. This is useful for funky chords for example when you want to play half tones. This is shown in the strumming video.

In guitar chord mode, if I play a C major triad with my left hand and the downstrum trigger (C4) with my right hand simultaneously, there is a delay before the chord sounds.

I haven't yet tried to record a track this way, but I think it would be difficult. I guess that is what song builder is for.

Well... i just tried it and there is absolutely no delay or latency...
Maybe you are thinking of the strum time as latency, so try to lower that value, by default it takes 30ms to play a chord (meaning that within 30ms the 6 strings will be played), but this is how a strum happens in real time, the first string is instant and then there is a little delay between each string.

thysm00 wrote:Well... i just tried it and there is absolutely no delay or latency...
Maybe you are thinking of the strum time as latency, so try to lower that value, by default it takes 30ms to play a chord (meaning that within 30ms the 6 strings will be played), but this is how a strum happens in real time, the first string is instant and then there is a little delay between each string.
Great - I'll try that. 30ms is forever in MIDI timing, so I'll lower it to see if it helps. Also, I'm playing from a weighted keyboard. A synth action controller might feel a bit snappier. I'll try that as well.

Please know that I'm really enjoying this product. It walks all over RealGuitar! Just trying to get the most from it.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”