Telematic questions

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seem to have problems using Telematic and I wondered if someone could help me. When I load even one instance of Telematic, using a lite configuration in UVI Workstation, it tends to slow down Digital Performer, the DAW I use. Saving is slowed down, and many other editing operations take longer than with even multiple instances of Kontakt and/or Play. I have tried raising the streaming buffer in UVI to Very Large, but it doesn't seem to help. Is there a solution?

And Telematic does not seem to work with the sustain pedal. It would be very useful to have a sustain pedal to use at times. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

To me, this sounds like you don't have enough ram.
What system are you using the Telematic with?

Also are you using the new V2 of Telematic or he V1?

The V2 uses way less CPU and Ram plus it has way more features.

Thanks for replying.
I have 12 gigs of RAM in my MacPro Dual Quadcore. It has always been enough to handle the largest projects. I was using Version 1. I did notice the V2 seems to use less RAM and CPU. However, the middle D, D3, the one above middle C, is noticeably sharp, like almost 10 cents. That seems to be a problem.

But I will use V2 today on a project and see if it helps. At first blush, the spinning beachballs are shorter, though not gone completely.

Thanks

One more thing. I also notice V2 does not have a keyboard mode. That may be necessary for this project, though I will try solo mode with a 0 legato interval

kinnyl wrote:One more thing. I also notice V2 does not have a keyboard mode. That may be necessary for this project, though I will try solo mode with a 0 legato interval
The V2 does not have mode named " keyboard", but you can get the same exact thing without legato (legato distance at 0) in solo mode and by selecting the first hand position.
About the out of tune note, i will check that.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I noticed yesterday in using V2 that things went faster, although there is still a spinning beachball when DP saves, which there isn't with Telematic not loaded. I also noticed on closer examinations that only some round robin samples at high velocity on D3 were sharp.

Well, the issue you are describing seems more related to DP than to the Telematic.
As you may have noticed, , Telematic comes as part of MachFive 3 and has been tested a lot with it and also within DP.

So i suggest you to check on a MOTU forum.

There is one last thing that you might want to check. This kind of problems could be due to a corrupted UFS so you can open UVI Workstation, then the browsr, and when the UFS is mounted and appears under soundbanks, you can right click on it and select check integrity. If it does not validate, then i suggest you to download the files again.

thysm00 wrote:Well, the issue you are describing seems more related to DP than to the Telematic.
As you may have noticed, , Telematic comes as part of MachFive 3 and has been tested a lot with it and also within DP.

So i suggest you to check on a MOTU forum.

There is one last thing that you might want to check. This kind of problems could be due to a corrupted UFS so you can open UVI Workstation, then the browsr, and when the UFS is mounted and appears under soundbanks, you can right click on it and select check integrity. If it does not validate, then i suggest you to download the files again.
I have checked on MOTUnation, and, other than one sort of rant that was not really replied to, nobody has reported any problems, which encouraged me to buy Telematic. Of course, that doesn't mean that a problem doesn't exist. I know Telematic is part of Mach5 and I considered buying Mach5, but since Telematic was all I really wanted, I bought it only. I will check the corrupted file, but I may also buy some more RAM if you think that means I won't see anymore spinning beachballs.

Thanks again for your help.

No no, don't buy anymore Ram, you have plenty, i was asking that because i did not know your hardware configuration. You certainly don't need 12gb to run Telematic.

Also i still don't know which version of DP you are usin, 32 or 64bits? Which plugin type (AU VST MAS)? And also what version of UVI Workstation.

thysm00 wrote:No no, don't buy anymore Ram, you have plenty, i was asking that because i did not know your hardware configuration. You certainly don't need 12gb to run Telematic.

Also i still don't know which version of DP you are usin, 32 or 64bits? Which plugin type (AU VST MAS)? And also what version of UVI Workstation.
I am using DP 8.04 64 bit. I believe the version of UVI is 2.1.5, the latest. I know on MOTUnation some people were pointing out problems with using some plugins where both the AU and MAS versions of UVI were enabled, but that thread was a year old, and the general agreement was to get rid of the MAS version. Do you know anything about this?

FYI I verified the data on V2 and removed the MAS UVI bindle. No change.

Did you check the integrity of the ufs?

thysm00 wrote:Did you check the integrity of the ufs?
Yes that's what I meant, I verified the integrity of the.ufs and it passed.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”