New happy customer

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi all,

Just purchased the Mark 79 ... I have to say that I'm very very impressed by the product :

- First, I was quite reluctant about the iLock thing, but now you can buy it without needing an iLock key (just download the iLock software which is freeware, follow the instructions on acoustic samples web site - drag drop the licence on your computers icon in the iLock software - and you're good to go). I'm on Win7 x64.

- The sound of the Rhodes is the one I've always been after. To compare, I've always found Scarbee was the best ever in the Mark I-ish family; well I'd say that Mark 79 offers the same quality level for the Mark II model (which is nice, cause I really needed both ;))

Listen to "The Hanged Man", from Alan Tew, this is the exact same Rhodes sound that I love so much ^^

- The polyphony and response is impressive : you really feel like on the real thing, because there is absolutely no artefact, no glicth, no crackle of any sort (my config is a Vaio Z11 core i5, 8Gb Ram, on SSD)

- the distortion is very natural and musical, which is a great bonus as it appears to sound quite numeric on other instruments I've tried

To me, the acoustic sampling layer is a little toy, I dont think I'll use it so much, but for some it might be a plus.

At 55€ (christmas discount), if you're a serious Rhodes sound lover, drop an ear on this one ! :wink:

Cheers,

Olivier

http://myspace.com/aerodrink (http://myspace.com/aerodrink)
Last edited by aerodrink on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks a lot! Now THAT is a good review ;)

You're very much welcome ! I've spent the whole week-end playing on the 79 and I never felt so close to the real thing :)

Congratulations for this amazing product; The original model you sampled has this unique "brighty" tines sound I've been always looking for (especially in the C3-C4 range), and that you can hear on so many records from late 70s/early 80s. I've tried EVERY Rhodes simulation out there, no other shines like your does :)

Of course if you want it darker, you can, but I personally love raising that treble slider up to the top ^^

Many thanks from France, hours of pleasure to come !

Olivier

Return to “AcousticsampleS”