Kawai-Ex Pro: Delayed release sound in octaves above C6

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings All:

I've just acquired the Kawai-Ex Pro library, which has been great from just about every angle so far, except the one. I'm totally new to fiddling with the settings of VST's, so this issue is with the default setting.

During the playback of midi's, there is an odd, delayed noise that can be heard when specific pairs of notes are played back-to-back. It just happened that one of the songs I was playing back had such a pair, so I noticed it. This pair happens to be C#7 and F8. It only happens when the C# is played first, only on the F notes, and only for this octave (I moved it up and down the scale with no problems). It must be a very specific thing that I unfortunately ran into almost immediately. I've put a recording on soundcloud if it helps:

https://soundcloud.com/user974996814/de ... ck/s-IV8ez

The notes are played as shown in the image here:

http://i.imgur.com/QsaSObh.png

The problem occurs in both FL Studio 11 and Reaper. Any help steering me in the right direction is very appreciated. Thanks.

I am probably not listening to the right thing... but i can't hear anything unusual in the example you sent...
At what point is it supposed to happen?

I think I know what you mean, for example the one between 0:05 and 0:06? I think that's just the recording, but I don't know, I don't have this library.

It's subtle, but I know I'm not crazy. It may be intentional, but I'd like to be sure. It occurs just between each C# and F (specifically after the C# and before the F). It's actually almost simultaneous with the down stroke of the F, but it's a "click" sounding noise. It's not really a click either though; it's more of a high pitch sound that is briefly audible.

Yes, it does occur at that time slot, Melodyshine. I would agree with you that it's part of the recording, except that if it were, I feel that it would happen on every F down stroke, not just the ones played with C#. My best guess is that it's something to do with the frequencies not playing nice? I really don't know.

If anyone else knows what I'm talking about, please say so so I know I'm not alone.

Ok, i found it ;)
There is actually nothing detailed, it happens in the attack of the note and it is the sympathetic resonance sample that has a little too much attack in it.
We will edit the sample and upload the library again, thanks for the report.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the fast response and continued effort to fix issues. I hope for a quick resolution.
Happy holidays.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”