Unable to Mount most Acousticsample products in Motu BPM

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So 1st, I have the latest versions of UVI Workstation (2.2.0), Motu MachFive 3 (3.2.1) and BPM (the last update Motu had was back in 2012).

At anyrate I have shortcuts of my ufs files (just like all others) in my C:/Program Files(x86)/UVISoundBanks/ folder. They point to my actual location, which is

At any rate, BPM complains with the emphamis "Unable to mount the Volume from 'C:/Program Files(x86)/UVISoundBanks/ClaviD9.ufs.lnk' (Invalid file).

Does the same error for DrumTasterJazz, Grand 278, J Bass, Mark 79, Neo Soul-Keys, Percussive; SmallDrumKits, StarDrums, Talkbox, Telematic; Upright; Urban Drums; Wood Boxes. (Note: The Grand 278, J Bass, Mark 79, Percussive, Upright; StarDrums, Telematic came with my MachFive 3)...

MachFive 3 and UVI Workstation load these just fine. But not BPM. Any ideas?
Thanks.
If I had a good quote, I would place it right here!

Hi,

This is completely normal. As you see in the news, our libraries now don't require iLok, this means a major change in the ufs files but also in the player.
UVI and MachFive have ben updated to support it, but not BPM, and it probably will never happen (and if it happens, it will be MOTU's call).
Also there is one thing that is for sure, BPM does not support scripted instruments with an interface, so there is no point in loading them anyway.

Best regards,

Arno

Okay Thanks. Sounds like BPM is dwindling down if no updates are planned. I will only be able to use it for the legacy instruments and not new ones. Defeats the purpose of BPM letting you load rack instruments. That renders the rack instrument slots only really useful for loops. Oh well. Thanks again for the heads up.
If I had a good quote, I would place it right here!

Return to “AcousticsampleS”