Acoustic Samples B-5 organ, VST with a BUG and horrible customer support. Wasted $100 !!!

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B-5 Organ

thysm00 wrote:Again, that was going to be my next move before the "f****** ourselves incident, and i did not even mention any of the other very nice things we got. We actually have it fixed in the next version, but the internet/emails seems to often be a very easy way to forget that you are talking to a human being and well, when i get insulted, i ask once to be polite, then the second time i don't answer and it happened here.

If you get that problem, we uploaded a temporary fix, but haven't replaced the official version yet, so just create a ticket and i will send you the updated version.
Thanks for the offer, I'll submit a ticket and see if it helps, but like you said earlier, if it's the sustain pedal, it may be something else. Not a big deal though, I just stopped using the sustain pedal.

When I submit the ticket, I promise to be more polite! :lol:

woocaash wrote:PEACE
"VST with a BUG and horrible customer support. Wasted $100 !!!"

If that is peace, I don't want to see you on the warpath :scared:

Judging by his very first post at KVR, this woocaash individual won't be a great success around here… :-D

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I don't think the OP is really interested in getting his issue resolved.

Looks like he signed up just to rant and left. :/
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

[quote="llTheSystemll"]seems like it would be pretty easy to install a MIDI monitor type program to log what is coming in on from the keyboard to verify what is actually being received.

With similar situations in the past where MIDI messages were getting confused, I've used MidiOx (on PC) and MidiPipe (on Mac) to see the stream of MIDI messages, to figure out what's going on. Both apps/utilities are free on their respective platforms and work well, in my experience. If you can find a missing Note-Off message, it could point you in the right direction ini terms of what is getting confused in your setup. Just a thought...

Just for the record, I contacted them about the hung notes I was getting with the sustain pedal which is different than the OP's issue. They got back to me with a build that fixes my issue next day.

I'm certainly happy with their support, and not the first time I've reached out to them either.

50% off at VSTBuzz.

Fleer wrote:50% off at VSTBuzz.
awesome. thx for the heads up. gonna get it now. brian

this works with Ilok 1?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

thysm00 wrote:
3. Did you offer a refund? Soemtimes, it's the best way to make situations like this go away without anyone's feelings getting too hurt. I'm pretty sure you'd be able to deactivate his license through iLok.
No, no refund, if it really was a bug, then of course i would have sent him a refund, but it's not. Plus what he does not say is that he has been using the software since august 2016 and reports this only now. So he had time to use it...
Too bad. I'm not saying that you owed anyone a refund, but, it would have been an opportunity for you "as a company" to go above and beyond. People remember those kinds of things.

It's quite common to buy something and then not use it right away, or, not discover a particular bug right away. Some people here will give you the benefit of the doubt, but to many, even if you are technically correct, you still don't come off as looking like the winner here. People just won't say anything but in the back of their mind you are now on the list of companies to avoid as potentially being too difficult if a problem crops up. As a vendor you should know that customers can get hot under the collar when things don't work. When people are rude, they haven't forgotten that you are human, they are really addressing their anger at what they see as an uncaring organization. In other words, it's not personal, you should understand that.

You'd do well to learn Joe Girrard's Law of 250. It's working against you here.

I suggest Acoustic Samples try and contact this 'customer' and try your best to get it resolved, and if not, then at least you tried. If you do decide to give his money back, then please feel free to tell everyone here, so you get a bit of good publicity as a great company, and you get to be the good guys in the end.

:hihi:
<List your stupid gear here>

rifftrax wrote:
woocaash wrote:Unfortunately you can not record this in DAW.

My setup is:

Cubase Pro 9
Uhhh.... what? Of course you can.
Not necessarily. You can record a midi stream but what is clear is that there is some process in creating that stream that does not capture the dangling note off. It very well could be that it is created by Cubase. In short, this changes the problem, so, just because a midi file can't be created to replicate the problem doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. A software developer should know this and ought not boast about how this gets them off the hook.

The video demonstrates the issue clearly. So what we know is that a customer has a problem and that problem is only with Acoustic Samples B-5 and no other organ simulator that he owns. We also know that the customer is capable of playing keyboards reasonably well and appears to have at least three merged midi streams.

That sounds challenging to replicate, but, one thing that I learned as a young tech is that once you see a problem, not being able to replicate it doesn't give you permission to say that it doesn't exist. You can only say that you haven't identified the problem yet.

It very well could be the customer's hardware, in which case, the software product isn't usable for him. Should he be given a refund? I don't know, I guess I know how I'll judge anyone who chooses not to when the license can be so easily revoked.

It still might be a bug. If you can't replicate the problem then you are only hypothesizing on the cause of the bug. Your hypothesis may very well be correct, but it may not. A dash of humility goes a long way here. I'm not sure that arrangements like the OPs are all that common, even among users of organ plugins. It seems to me that a vendor selling organ plugins would want to know exactly what is causing that problem if they want to be a premier organ vendor.

Vendors are far too often too quick to dismiss a customer's complaint as "not my problem." I think that a lot of what is perceived as rudeness can be a response to disinterest from the vendor.

To this day I remember a bug with Borland's C++ compiler and the arrogance of tech support when I called. Oh, she was sure that it was my problem and had I checked this and that and what hardware was I using. Of course, I had done my homework up front. I'm glad I did because I get to tell this story over and over again and this was well over twenty years ago. I stopped her in her tracks and suggested that she compile the example code for the particular feature in question that they themselves ship with their compiler. She was still running her mouth while she did, and then, silence, a short pause, followed by, "Oh, yes, I see, that is a bug."

It was a major bug, in fact, and one that she couldn't imagine how it could happen, but it did, and it slipped through, and the only reason that I caught it is because my software was making use of some little used feature of C++ when C++ was relatively new on the scene.

If you treat problems that are clearly a customer problem using your products as your problem, even if they aren't, you will never be Borland and nobody will be telling stories of your misguided arrogance twenty years from now.

@ghettosynth
Please read my post regarding MIDI specs
IMHO the issue here is in the MIDI merger which is faulty but this does not happen with other software because most of those don't enforce the note pairing.
And this cannot be recorded because Cubase fixes it while recording the MIDI file.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

IMHO, there's too much moralising around here about the perceived attitude of the dev and not enough about the deplorable attitude of the OP.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:IMHO, there's too much moralising around here about the perceived attitude of the dev and not enough about the deplorable attitude of the OP.

/Joachim
Thanks man ;)

I was about to answer with a long post, but that says it all ;)
@ghettosynth, just remember that there was a bunch of insults before that episode, and also that the problem was in fact identified, it's a bad note pairing, it being the merger of his keyboard of whatever else. As i said earlier, I was going to offer a fix for this, but was told to f*** off, which i did. That fix turns out to be helpful for other sustain pedal issues and 2 users have it and confirmes this works fine.
So the problem here is not bug fixing or whatever, it's just being polite (actually even formal works, here, it was just plain aggressive) and thinking that when you have a problem, you just ask nicely and the person in front of you might be willing to help you.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”