[solved] use Tonespace as a midi insert ?

Official support for: mucoder.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks! & request noted ;-)

not that I am a cubase expert, but how about creating two tonespace tracks, each with their own scale settings and then using a midi remoting controller to solo the track you need? Could that work, anyone?
tonespace / hypercyclic

outsounder wrote:Now - if only one could press a keyswitch to flip from major to minor and back (or other pre-selected scales) whilst "jamming" from a midi keyboard in real time into a DAW this package would be an abslolutely "must have" for computer muso's - bring it on for the benefit of all computer muso's and aspiring keyboard players I say !!!
I can't help you with Cubase but something like that can be set up in Live. In Live you can map the Scale option to a macro. Once you do that you could map it to a knob/button on a controller and set the limits to be the two options in the drop down box that you want to jump between. I have no idea though how to do that in another app though.

pleasee,logic pro video..
KNOWN AS SCREAMHUNTER IN BODRUM CITY

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
okay I finally took some time to make it work, using the latest release of Tonespace (> 2.0.361) for pressing a key on my MIDI keyboard and getting Tonespace do the rest :) and then send it to another VST instrument :

Here is a little howto :
http://i.imgur.com/i7jeZ.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/i7jeZ.jpg)

- add two VST : tonespace, and another VST instrument (like Nexus in the picture)
- add a midi track for each one of them
- click on the round (e) edit button of the midi track of the real instrument
- it will open a popup window, on the right of the window, there is the midi input and output settings. Select Tonespace as the midi input
- in Tonespace, use the settings from the picture (midi in: "vst host", midi out: "vst host"), select for trigger: "midi triggers note (mod)"
- in cubase, click on the midi track of tonespace
- play on your midi keyboard, tadaaa the sound comes from your VST instruments with the scale/chords settings you chose in Tonespace

:)

and you can even record single notes on the midi track of tonespace and then change at anytime you want the scale of the notes that are being played by tonespace.

thx Jarnix for sharing this!
tonespace / hypercyclic

Hey the vimeo video seems to be down now, can someone reupload it or explain it in words to me? much appreciated! :)

Edit: My bad must have been my flash messin up i got it workin now

Hi,

Regarding the Logic AU Midi out issue i've tried something and it seems to work so maybe this is the correct setup. Any Logic user feedback would be very much appreciated :)

1. Configure an IAC Driver
2. Setup 2 instruments tracks, the first one with Tonecolor, the second one with what you want (i tried ES1 but maybe try a 3rd party...)
3. In Tone Color, setup Midi Out to IAC Out 1
4. In the environment window, from the mixer layer, link your tonecolor track to the software instrument track (with the triangle on the top right of the console channel)...I suspect that this is the trick to communicate Midi data from the ToneColor track to another console track...
5. On your Arrangement window, press "R" on both your software instrument track and then put yourself on the Tonecolor track.
6. Press Record, play whatever you want on your midi keyboard and see what happens :)

When i've tried this, i did not notice any major latency, as i was in low latency mode in Logic.

Feedbacks welcome

Return to “mucoder”