Not getting any midi into Live?

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I really like the concept here, but unfortunately I'm not able to record the midi output in Live 8 (8.2.1) Have tried everything I can think of, but banging my head against the wall. I have tried both using the built in synth and also setting it up as in UncleAge's tutorial video. I'm on a mac os 10.6.7.

it should defnitely work, I think UncleAge uses a setup quite similar to yours..

-are you using the VST and not the AU? (only VSTs can send midi back to host)
-are the monitor buttons pressed exactly like in the tutorial (set to 'in')?
-are you sure you set both comboboxes for Live's 'midi from' to 'tonespace' (so not leaving the second one set to 'PostFX')

you could also have a look at the appendix of the hypercyclic user guide. That contains a step-by-step procedure for sending midi to Live and other hosts and should be identical for tonespace

http://www.mucoder.net/en/hypercyclic/v ... rguide.pdf
tonespace / hypercyclic

mucoder wrote:it should defnitely work, I think UncleAge uses a setup quite similar to yours..

-are you using the VST and not the AU? (only VSTs can send midi back to host)
-are the monitor buttons pressed exactly like in the tutorial (set to 'in')?
-are you sure you set both comboboxes for Live's 'midi from' to 'tonespace' (so not leaving the second one set to 'PostFX')

you could also have a look at the appendix of the hypercyclic user guide. That contains a step-by-step procedure for sending midi to Live and other hosts and should be identical for tonespace

http://www.mucoder.net/en/hypercyclic/v ... rguide.pdf

I can trigger the midi only with my mouse and send notes to a vst on another track.
But i cant trigger any notes with my keyboard, the indikator tells me that midi is going in, but no sound.
If i open configure in tonespace i get lot of options with some check-boxes where i also find my midi-keyboard.
All checkboxes are unchecked and its impossible to put a mark in just one of them.

Just made tonespace work in Live.
Tonespace on one track sylent on another. Both tracks set to monitor in.
On the sylenth track midi from set to Tonespace and input channel also set to tonespace.
I think that was what i did the first time. But this time it works.

I have just downloaded hypercyclic and will try with that later to day.

I got it to work. I think I had overlooked the setting in the second combo.Thanks for the replies :)

Return to “mucoder”