Problem recording midi data in FL Studio 10

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm very impressed with Tonespace. Cheers to all at mucoder.

Had no problems getting it's midi output linked to a synth vst in FL Studio via midi ports so I could hear my chords and use it as intended.

However, try as I might I couldn't record the sounds I made into the piano roll (i.e. record the midi data). I could hear everything but nothing I did seemed to get them recorded. I even tried routing it to the synth vst through a midi out but with exactly the same problems.

Am I missing something obvious here? Surely if I can hear the audio it's logical I should be able to record it no?

I've tried everything I can think of (e.g. changing the output vst, trying different settings) and searched the web but with no luck.

Cheers for any suggestions.

...and happy Easter

Steve

swissroll wrote:I'm very impressed with Tonespace. Cheers to all at mucoder.

Had no problems getting it's midi output linked to a synth vst in FL Studio via midi ports so I could hear my chords and use it as intended.

However, try as I might I couldn't record the sounds I made into the piano roll (i.e. record the midi data). I could hear everything but nothing I did seemed to get them recorded. I even tried routing it to the synth vst through a midi out but with exactly the same problems.

Am I missing something obvious here? Surely if I can hear the audio it's logical I should be able to record it no?

I've tried everything I can think of (e.g. changing the output vst, trying different settings) and searched the web but with no luck.

Cheers for any suggestions.

...and happy Easter

Steve

afaik , you will need to do one of two things :

> route the midi data out of FLS , and then , back in , via a virtual midi cable , such
as 'MIDI Yoke ' ...

> prepare your track , to your liking , and then use the file drop down menu , and the
'export midi file' option ...

make sure to read up on export to midi ...
there are two methods ...
you could start your reading here :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... idi+export

you may want to consider posting this in the 'host' forum , as well ...
you will get alot more views , and perhaps some further suggestions ...

Thanks for the suggestions normal. I have been trying with Loopbe but so far with no luck. Whichever settings I try I can't get anywhere.

Will try posting on the host forum as you suggested when I've tried a little more.

Cheers.

swiss

Return to “mucoder”