Integrate Tonespace and Launchpad

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking at the GUI for tonespace, and looking at the launchpad device...

How can I go on integrating these two? Mind you, I barely unpacked my launchpad so I don't know where to begin really, but it seems like a pretty cool idea!

Would it be so easy, just to map every single button to the corresponding note number in tonespace?

Also, hmm. The new version of tonespace lacked some functionality the previous version had, cant really remember right now, but will this hinder this project?

Thanks people. And thanks mucoder for your amazing software, beats the sh-t out of chordspace.

if you can map launchpad buttons to midi note numbers then you could trigger tonespace cells with the same note numbers via its midi input feature

Problem is:
1) some tonespace grids map the same midi note number to multiple cells (by design), so you are limited to the octave-based ts grids that don't
2) you would have to redo the mapping for every different ts grid

the ideal solution would probably be some midi-learn capability built-in to tonespace that you could instruct to associate midi note numbers with x/y cell coordinates. But can't promise that for near future...
tonespace / hypercyclic

Return to “mucoder”