hypercyclic midi-arp-mangler updated to 1.1.367

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, how the years flow by, with DC07 a pleasant but fading memory...
Anyhow, I'm happy to announce the immediate availability of hypercyclic 1.1.367, a technically more up-to-date cousin of the original DC07 entry.

What's new in hypercyclic 1.1?
v1.1 is functionally identical to v1.0, but has been fully rewritten internally and now shares the same new underlying modular engine and built-in synth used by tonespace 2. It should also provide a much faster experience when opening the hypercyclic plugin window on OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Release notes
  • Windows version tested on Windows 7-64bit (but should work on XP, Vista, 32-bit)
  • OSX version tested on OSX Tiger 10.4 and Snow Leopard 10.6 (but should also work on Panther, Leopard, and later)
  • Linux version tested on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 LTS (not sure what other versions might work)
Build 1.1.367
  • fixed: slow UI loading time on OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard
  • fixed: groove timing has improved
  • fixed: midi songpointer follow has been improved in standalone version
  • new: standalone version now accepts midi sync messages
  • new: uses new test synth with PADsynth algorithm
  • new: LFO waveform is now displayed
As always you can download freeware versions for windows, osx and linux here:
http://www.mucoder.net/en/hypercyclic
tonespace / hypercyclic

Thanks for that, I think that hypercyclic is really underrated because many people do not take the time to understand how it works. Yuo have done two really great tools. I wish you had done more...
You can't always get what you waaaant...

thx stanlea - love to do more, just waiting for the time gods to become lenient again :-)
tonespace / hypercyclic

stanlea wrote:Thanks for that, I think that hypercyclic is really underrated because many people do not take the time to understand how it works. Yuo have done two really great tools. I wish you had done more...
+1
thx stanlea - love to do more, just waiting for the time gods to become lenient again
Sometimes you gotta make time. FWIW.

Also, there aren't enough quality free freeware MIDI out step sequencers with randomization features/alternate timings either(with schwing!).....*hint hint*

Thanks for the update! :wink:
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Thank you for the update... awesome tool!!!

8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Running smoothly!
Mode: Standalone
Input: Demo MIDI track.
Output: ALSA
on an VERY old laptop (DELL Inspiron 1100) running debian wheezy (debian testing as of today 01/2011)

Its a great job you have done. AND beautiful!

Suggestions:
Some install help for linux newbies on docs or readme.
Make it GPL3!
Thanx again!
Dyslexics UNTIE!

glad to hear it works :-)
thx
tonespace / hypercyclic

alelondon wrote: Some install help for linux newbies on docs or readme.
I've downloaded the zip for linux, but can not find instructions on how to install and run Hypercyclic.
Can someone help with a short step by step decription on how to install and run on debian?

there is actually no real installation worth speaking of

either you use the stand-alone version of hypercyclic. In that case just run the executable. And perhaps set its audio options to your preferences

or else you use the hypercyclic VST plugin (hypercyclic.so). For this you need a host that is capable of running native VST plugins on Linux, such as EnergyXT. Then wire up the plugin following instructions for EnergyXT in the hypercyclic manual

btw hypercyclic was tested rather a while ago on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04. Your mileage on other/newer distributions may vary
tonespace / hypercyclic

I've unziped the standalone version and made the file executable. But it does not kick.
BTW: I'm trying to get it working on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian.

Return to “mucoder”