MIDI messages forwarding when used as an insert.

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

First of all this software is excellent and useful, very useful. Congrats to the dev for the idea.

Now its time to cry: I found that when using Tonespace as an insert in reaper it filters regular MIDI message forwarding to the VST's.

I mean, tonespace receives the MIDI notes and it does replace them by its own generated chords, I can play. The problem comes when I move the modulation wheel, pitch bending, program changes... those don't work.

It looks like tonespace filters the MIDI notes and its the only thing it places in the MIDI output buffer. All other MIDI is not forwarded.

Am I the only one? maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Oh an BTW, in reaper I need to open an close the effect when loading the project to make it sound, but I can live with it.

hey glad you like it

unfortunately, the midi forwarding issue is by design.

technically, tonespace midi output is a completely new creation, sometimes based on midi input, other times on mouse movements, sometimes on both. It's not just the input enriched with something extra. So it's part of the internal architecture not to forward midi input, and this cannot be solved with a quick hack. Sorry!

I'll make a note of it though - if ever the architecture is revised I might be able to sneak it in

Leo
tonespace / hypercyclic

Return to “mucoder”