Options for Tonespace in Logic/Maschine

Official support for: mucoder.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm brand new to using Tonespace and have spent all day trying to get it to work in either Logic Express or Maschine.

I have added Tonespace to my AU folder on my computer (Mac), but when Logic starts, it doesn't "see" it, and the list of all availble AU's in Logic does not list Tonespace. I can't find any other way to add Tonespace to my AU list.

In Maschine, I can see/launch Tonespace just fine, but I'm unable to route any MIDI from one track to another. Ex: I want to use the chords generated in Tonespace to trigger a synth on another track.

After several hours with no luck, can anyone help?

re: Logic
is it possible you are running Logic in 64-bit mode? What does it say in the splash screen when it starts? If so, the current version of tonespace is 32-bit only and 64-bit hosts won't 'see' it. 64-bit support is on the way though

re: Maschine
I'm not a Maschine user, but this appears to be a limitation of Maschine, it apparently cannot route midi output from one plugin to other plugins. DAWs like Ableton, Cubase, Reaper, Sonar or EnergyXT are better at this

what you could try instead is to send midi from tonespace to the Apple IAC bus and then consume that midi again from the IAC bus in Maschine

IAmMusicMogul did a great tutorial on how to do exactly that with Logic:

video
tonespace / hypercyclic

Return to “mucoder”