Next after UNO-LX

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Arppe2600va JP6K MinimogueVA TAL-BassLine TAL-BassLine-101 TAL-Elek7ro TAL-NoiseMaker TAL-U-No-62 TAL-U-No-LX

fluffy_little_something wrote:I read somewhere that the Matrix 12 was actually built on rather mediocre components, whereas Yamaha's DX1 was built using only premium components (I know the latter is not analog as such, but still).
Yes, that's probable, I don't know for these two but I've read the same thing about some other analogue synths of the years 1970 to 1985. We must keep in mind that the finances were never really stable at the top during those years for these companies (some faced to major financial difficulties and some of these famous companies have even closed the door), even if now they are known to have become legendary with the passing time and for some of them now giants in the world nowadays. By the way I've read this (long ago) even for some series from Moog and from ARP company and many other synth/organ makers, using sometimes some components with very narrow tolerance and others with quite large tolerance, the differences being obviously due to differences from a month (or a year) to another in the supply of components by the manufacturers of these passive components.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Anyone heard of the Teisco SX-240? Might be in a similar league to program, and it had the Juno's chorus chip, so he might reuse some code there :)

Check his Twitter feed to see what might be next :wink:

Also from one of the Twitter comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogjeXBY-iEI

@ 2:45: "The bass is from TAL-Noisemaker." :)

Return to “TAL Software”