Next after UNO-LX

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Arppe2600va JP6K MinimogueVA TAL-BassLine TAL-BassLine-101 TAL-Elek7ro TAL-NoiseMaker TAL-U-No-62 TAL-U-No-LX

knowix wrote:Yeah, but who'll pony up the cash to get him one of those rather expensive synths...?
Isn't that what Kickstarter is for?

If Patrick does the Jupiter 8 to the same standard as his other emus, count me in. :hyper:

bstageboss wrote:
knowix wrote:Yeah, but who'll pony up the cash to get him one of those rather expensive synths...?
Isn't that what Kickstarter is for?

If Patrick does the Jupiter 8 to the same standard as his other emus, count me in. :hyper:
And what if it was the MKS-80 Super Jupiter instead? Perhaps with a touch (like adding the 2-pole switch to the filter). Would that be interesting?
Fernando (FMR)

I would definitely like an MKS-80 rev 4!

In fact, at some point I'm pretty sure I'll purchase one. But their prices are starting to get crazy!

EvilDragon wrote:I would definitely like an MKS-80 rev 4!

In fact, at some point I'm pretty sure I'll purchase one. But their prices are starting to get crazy!
Great. I am trying to persuade Patrick to get his hands in this. I even told him I would loan my own MKS-80 for the project. Let's see what the future brings :)
Fernando (FMR)

Is your rev 4 or 5? :)

I wonder if it actually becomes true, it would be cool to have a rev 4/5 switch on the GUI :P

Hello ED
EvilDragon wrote:In fact, at some point I'm pretty sure I'll purchase one.
I feel the same.
EvilDragon wrote:But their prices are starting to get crazy!
In which sense?
  1. Tending to be more and more expensive?
  2. Or tending to be amazing cheap compared to the quality and pleasure they give?
Both senses can be obviously said with right regarding the personal finances, but what was your sense?

(maybe I don't use the right words, s'cuze me, english is not my native language)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

A - tending to get more and more expensive. They're starting to breach $1800 even without the programmer! A year or two ago you could get it for ~$1000, sometimes $1200 along with the programmer!

EvilDragon wrote:A - tending to get more and more expensive. They're starting to breach $1800 even without the programmer! A year or two ago you could get it for ~$1000, sometimes $1200 along with the programmer!
I love his synths but I don't know him. Perhaps he has to face financial hardships and must do compromises between close the door or keep his activity alive at the price of a very little staff and of products a little more expensive than he would himself...

I have had in my family someone who faced the same problem ten years ago. Today his society is still alive, he has saved it by this solution of very little staff and prices a little more expensive than he would at the moment of to make a critical choice... and he has afterwards balanced the price a little expensive of the bad years by a total stability for ten years of all his products avoiding any price rise.

Maybe Patrick faces the same problem and has choosen the same solution.

I don't know...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:A - tending to get more and more expensive. They're starting to breach $1800 even without the programmer! A year or two ago you could get it for ~$1000, sometimes $1200 along with the programmer!
I love his synths but I don't know him. Perhaps he has to face financial hardships and must do compromises between close the door or keep his activity alive at the price of a very little staff and of products a little more expensive than he would himself...

I have had in my family someone who faced the same problem ten years ago. Today his society is still alive, he has saved it by this solution of very little staff and prices a little more expensive than he would at the moment of to make a critical choice... and he has afterwards balanced the price a little expensive of the bad years by a total stability for ten years of all his products avoiding any price rise.

Maybe Patrick faces the same problem and has choosen the same solution.

I don't know...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think you are confusing things here BlackWinny. EvilDragon is referring to the prices of REAL hardware MKS-80s, not Patrick products. Patrick was releasing software for free until recently, when he released U-NO-LX (an emulation of the Juno-60) and Bassline-101 (an emulation of the SH-101). And both are priced really cheap. What is going up madly are the prices of the hardware.
Fernando (FMR)

EvilDragon wrote:Is your rev 4 or 5? :)

I wonder if it actually becomes true, it would be cool to have a rev 4/5 switch on the GUI :P
Actually, I'm not sure. Is there a way to know? Serial numbers or something (I don't even know if these units have serial numbers, but I think they have.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Great. I am trying to persuade Patrick to get his hands in this. I even told him I would loan my own MKS-80 for the project. Let's see what the future brings :)
That's cool. Also, if he got a reasonable emu of the MKS-80 going, he could rent a Jupiter 8, for a short time, to tune in the finer details of its characteristics instead. Saying it's a Jupiter 8 emu would carry a lot more weight than the MSK-80, after all.

fmr wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think you are confusing things here BlackWinny. EvilDragon is referring to the prices of REAL hardware MKS-80s, not Patrick products. Patrick was releasing software for free until recently, when he released U-NO-LX (an emulation of the Juno-60) and Bassline-101 (an emulation of the SH-101). And both are priced really cheap. What is going up madly are the prices of the hardware.
Oh my god !

Yes ! I didn't realize the mistake I was making !

Thank you fmr, and my apologize to you, ED !

knowix wrote:Saying it's a Jupiter 8 emu would carry a lot more weight than the MSK-80, after all.
That's absolutely certain.

If 100% of the amateurs (counting the unnumbered beginners or near) know the name Jupiter-8... probably less than 5% (finally only the geeks) know the name of MKS-80 (I think you inverted the letters by accident).

fmr wrote:

Actually, I'm not sure. Is there a way to know? Serial numbers or something (I don't even know if these units have serial numbers, but I think they have.
Yes, it's easy to find out. Serials below 511800 are rev 4, above are rev 5.

EvilDragon wrote:
fmr wrote:

Yes, it's easy to find out. Serials below 511800 are rev 4, above are rev 5.
Then it's a rev 5 (serial # 593471) :(
Are there different chips inside, or something?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “TAL Software”