TAL - Bassline 101

Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

abique wrote:A few questions from someone who's not used to 101.
How bassline 101 and lush 101 are different? Which one to choose?
I'm already owner of Diva, would I get a whole new range of sounds with this bassline?
Are both implementation of the Juno comparable? Thanks!
TAL-Bassline-101 and LuSH-101 are emulations of the Roland SH-101 specifically, and not meant to sound like the Juno or anything else.

LuSH-101 is like an extended SH-101. Every (real) SH-101 owner has at some point thought "now if only I have another 101 to do <this>" (e.g. double-up a lead line, or add a bass line to a lead). LuSH is for those moments, and basically really good at it: unison and poly modes, nice built in effects, extra LFO's and envelopes, multiple layers, EQ per channel.

TAL-Bassline-101 is basically a mono synth, with a few extra tweaks, but doesn't stray too far from the original SH-101. The envelope and filter (which are two of the most important aspects of the original 101) sound more authentic on the TAL synth, which is important to some people.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Thanks Andy, when I talked about the Juno, it was to compare the one in diva, and TAL Juno.

OK, I see what you mean. In that case I would describe Diva as an all-round synth capable of those sounds - it does a very good job - but it requires more tweaking, because it's up to you to choose the filter type, oscillator configuration etc. Of course, that makes it more powerful than "just" a Juno emulation (or Moog, or 101, or any of the other sounds it can do).

The TAL synths are more specific to the basic architecture of the Roland synths, so you'll get the sound you want faster but sacrifice some flexibility.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Try the demo from both plugins and judge yourself if you like the sound or not...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Return to “TAL Software”