64 bits AU version

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi !

I like very much TAL-Dub, TAL-Dub2, TAL-Phaser, TAL-Reverb"1" and TAL-Tube, but there is only 32 bits AU versions of these little jewels. Any port to 64 bits in the next future ?

Best regards and thanks to Patrick.

Won't happen - those plugins are now discontinued and no support is provided for them.

Really discontinued ? I can't understand, because TAL-Dub and TAL-Dub2 sounds great and TAL-Phaser is just the perfect vintage phaser I like. If Patrik Kunz reads these, maybe there's still hope.

All these products are still available, so "discontinued" is not really the right term, but ED is right: these products won't progress anymore, and it's been a long time that they had no more support.

And I think it's simple to understand why: there are now so many excellent effects, even free, which can compete with these old Patrick's effects that one can understand that Patrick prefers to invest his time in far more interesting directions, essentially the production itself of the sound by awesome synths instead of its simple transformation by effects which stay excellent, yes... but are now available everywhere for free or indecently cheap with very great of even huge quality. So I think that this way Patrick has chosen to follow now (concentrate his mind in the production of the sound instead of its simple transformation) is indeed a better way and far better enthralling. And in that, I don't talk about cash (his amazing synths are very cheap when one hear their huge quality) but really about original products and the passion of the research.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

@BlackWinny

Do you know real equivalent to TAL-Dub/Dub2 and TAL Phaser on Mac ?

(Audio Units 64 bits, free or inexpensive)

Thanks

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I will try the Free Bundle of Melda this week-end.

Blue Cat's flanger is very nice, so I have to listen the phaser.

But the TAL-Dub/Dub2 have their own sound, so other delays are also very good but not in the same of TAL.

Thanks very much Blackwinny !

Still hoping an AU 64 bits version of the TAL-Dub Series. I know it's discontinued, but if Patrick does it, it would be great. Or make the source code available for a 64 bits port ?

Return to “TAL Software”